Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

454 Chevy block, heads, crank, rods, misc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 Chevy block, heads, crank, rods, misc.

Up for sale are used parts from a 454; 30 over that I pulled out and tore down this fall. There were very limited miles, I am sure less than 1000 since being built as it spent a few years on a stand while the car got painted. I took it to the track for one day this past summer for test n tune and made 5 passes on it there. In full disclosure this was pulled apart due to some small metal flakes in the oil. It was found the timing cover was not clearing the timing chain at one spot and it rubbed off the finish inside the cover. I would recommend honing, or getting the block bored prior to building. All other parts are in great shape, this was caught before any bearing or other issues happened. The chrome timing cover that caused the problem was installed when I swapped oil pans in 2013 while putting in a new rear main seal, everything was good at that time. It had around 300 miles since then and I caught it on second oil change this summer.

I would prefer to sell as a package but would split up. There is a really good start to a strong motor here if someone has is searching for a budget build, or the beginning of a good race motor.

1. Used GM Mark IV Block 4 bolt main, from *1979 (this is from memory) I can get casting number and date code for sure for anyone interested. The block was bored 30 over and fully worked over for my build the first time around, they did install a sleeve in one cylinder, never had any issue with this the first time around. $500 + shipping

2. Used GM 049 oval port heads, these were fully worked over with new valves, guides, seats, springs the first time around. I have specs on comp cams springs, these could be installed the way they sit today. $500 + shipping

3. Used Eagle forged I beam rods 6.135" length part number 6135P. These still have the used pistons on them, I would be willing to take them down and have the pistons removed if the buyer would like at no cost. Or if desired I will leave them on and could be re-ringed and installed on the block if it is honed $150 + shipping

4. Used Renegade Racing forged crankshaft part number CK454-7P. Forged 4130, still in really good shape. $150 + shipping

5. Used Comp cams magnum roller rockers, pushrods, good shape. $75 OBO

6. Used Holly Strip Dominator intake manifold, will fit oval port heads. Will only sell this in package deal or after the heads are gone $150

Would sell as a package deal for $1400 + shipping if someone wants to take it all. I would be willing to travel to meet buyer within reasonable distance, I live 2 hours east of Denver.

Reasonable offers considered

Thanks for looking

Please email, call, or text I can provide pictures of any parts wanted.
    [email protected]
    719- 342- 0047
Working...
X