350 combo suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 combo suggestions

i have a 355 chevy,10:1, mildly ported 882 heads with 1.94 valves, comp extreme energy cam , Advertised Duration 284/296, Lift .507/.510, performer rpm intake and an edelbrock 600 carb. it also has roller rockers and 1 5/8 shorty headers. How much power do you guys think it will make? is the cam to big? should i change anything? this is going to be a street strip engine

Re: 350 combo suggestions

the heads are going to stop you from making alot of power. If you can afford abetter set do it. I would guess that the combo you have right now is about 300 horse.
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

i never did get to make a good pass with this engine. it did run 13.70 at 100 mph in an 86 cutlass with a 1.80 60 ft. but it had two intake lobes wiped out on the cam and a nasty rod knock at the time. it wouldnt rev past 5000 rpm.

Comment

Get a good set of heads and maybe a 750 carb, and you'll be in the 400 HP range easy. Heads are the biggest key to breathing. Cam can over come that somewhat, but not only so much.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the slight thread jack here but what is a good production head to go with (not including Vortecs)?

Comment

Nothing, really.

Vortecs are an excellent head for this application.
            Much more, and the aftermarket heads are better.
            Likely the best bang for the buck SBC head around. Budget SBC's, anyway.

Comment

Just watch your used Vortecs almost all of them have crack in the valve seats.

Comment

You may find this thread very good for head flow #

Providing a surprisingly human shopping experience. Trusted and secure. Millions of domains to choose from.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Here's another good site. Has a lot of calculators too.

Computer program designed for the motor sports enthusiast. Performance software that does the math for YOU, also Interactive JavaScript Calculators.
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Take your pick of aftermarket heads. The 882's are not a good choice. Without screw in studs, be prepared to readjust your valves a few times, and then have a slight water in the oil problem.

Comment

I agree with the Vortec idea. Very good bang for the buck and easy 400 hp potential. My personal choice after that, excluding aluminum and more expensive heads, are the World Products Sportsman II's, which I have on my 388. Great, stout heads with plenty of opportunity for port work and more potential. Great out of the box, lots of exta potential. I've been very satisfied with mine. 882's don't come close to comparing to either of these heads, IMO.

Comment

thanks all of your info is very helpful

Comment

Working...
                        X