Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micrometers/Calipers-- What brand is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Micrometers/Calipers-- What brand is best?

I have Starrett and Mitutoyo. I like Starrett the best but it is more $$$
    Mitutoyo has never given me a problem and I use some of them everyday
    Tom

Comment

We use Mitutoyo & Starrett where I work. I prefer the Mitutoyo if I want to use digital calipers IF working in a clean environment. Dial Starrett's are my choice if working in/around coolant or oil.
      I have a set of digital Mitutoyo's that I use at home along with 0-1" Mitutoyo dial micrometers.

Comment

Brown&sharpe mic here. was passed down from my grandpa. he bought it in the 30s.still in the wooden box with gold leaf lettering. with all the standards and a piston skirt grinding spec sheet from Cochran Piston corp. copyright 1921. it is a model No.55. I still use it , but i have fowler and mitutoyo units to use now along with central brake rotor/drum mics, and central dial indicators. you need to borrow something Jean?
        Doug
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

ls7GTO
          What a joy for you to have these. I have a couple of things that were my Dad's, but nothing that cool. The paperwork alone is is priceless. Treasure this (as I'm sure you do).

Dan

Comment

The DAG on our team is in his late 60s. He sold his shop and was cleaning out all the junk ha collected over the years. His dad had a machinist box with a few old tools in it. He was going to give them away, but we made him keep them. we have them at our shop now.
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Mitutoyo, because it was free.
              One of the guys I work with bought a new Digital Caliper, and gave me the Old Manual Caliper. The next day he had to Borrow My New Manual Caliper because his Battery Died.

Comment

Working...
              X