Manifold for blow thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold for blow thru

Is there any reason to go with a longer runner or more spacer under the carb?

I don't see how it would be any better but I really don't know. I would think more on top of the carb would be better then under.

Still in the planning stages, but it will be a 383SBC, Dart 235 aluminum heads, F1r Procharger.
    Cognizant Dissident

Re: Manifold for blow thru

I was told a single plane manifold with short runners was what is needed for blow through with turbos. Not sure if this is correct or not

Comment

I'm going to have to go with, if you own an intake, hawg it out and let it ride. All you're really trying to do is make room for the air to go, which is in the opposite direction of the turbo. So volume is your friend

Comment

You should be fine without the under carb spacer. The Bonnet out is the EV Bonnets and a spacer under the bonnet above the carb is a bonus. It comes down to basic fluid dynamics. Move the carb further from the bend in the bonnet with help straighten the air before carb.

Comment

The old std of only a single plane works comes from the phord guys trying one of their old dual planes that didn't work n/a much less under boost.
          Many Gm, Mopar guys are using both. Depending upon the hp I would use a single if shooting for more than 800. A 383 and a single 80 to 90 should make over 1k easy and put a hurting on a stock GM block.

Comment

Seems like I was thinking right. More on top, less under. That will save money I that can be put into porting.

Thanks
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
            X