Sheet metal intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet metal intakes

Where can I get tubes for a sheet metal intake? I remember seeing premade ones somewhere, you trim and set for your use. Thanks
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Re: Sheet metal intakes

I've seen a website recently where they had these tubes when I was looking for header-tubes.
    Will dig around a little to see if I can find it again.

edit: Scratch that. The ones I saw were aluminum.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

For one you'd want to make the intake out of aluminum, it dissipates heat better.

Secondly why do you need a sheet metal intake, have you done something to the motor where a regular intake won't fit??

Comment

Sheet metal intake is "slang" it is made of aluminum. These where tapered intake tubes. Think of it a intake kit, you ordered the right tube for your aplication.

Comment

IMHO, unless one is running in ProStock, a sheet metal intake may not be worth the hassle. To understand why, look at last month's Car Craft they ran a regular cast aluminum 4-bbl intake with a single Holley against a high-dollar-pro-built sheet metal intake with 2-4bbl Demons. For a guess of $5k for the custom sheet metal intake, linkage, carbs, lines, hood scoop and dyno tuning, it made about ten (10) horsepower more than the baseline single 4-bbl setup. If one has dollars to burn, just has to have the latest bling, or is racing ProStock, then go for it. If one is a normal, rational street/strip CarJunkie, forget the sheet metal intake.

thnx, jack vines

Comment

In a word "Crap" comes to mind, some do, some read, this is my problem with a Magizines. Now you and a lot more that read that say it wont work, believe me they do, but to bolt on a generic one wont. For every engine there is a lenght runner and volume of plenum needed, if you change the camshaft then the intake changes, and this is the only way to get it perfect. Which will make the water hammer effect work right. I am not working on a bolt together 450 HP engine if that helps.

Comment

Yeah, that intake on the Rambler was way overkill. Looked cool as heck, though.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I want to make one for my Nailhead becuase no one makes a tunnel ram or something readily EFI able for a Nailhead.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

OK, I dont want to be the ass that I am, But if you dont know where to buy the tubes please dont post on this link. Start a new one.

I am sure the guy with the 25,000 Dollar check from winning the Dyno Pull will be glad to know his intake does not work either.

I ask this so I dont offend any of you that know more than I do about my project.

Comment

i don't know where to find it, but if i had to, this is the guy i'd ask.

he builds the best quality intakes i've ever seen, so he would definitly know where to get what you need.
                    i hate to keep pluging this guy, but he's the best.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Thanks! I could call Hogan or TRE too.

Comment

if you talk to him tell him it sounds like he's working out of his mom's kitchen!
                        serriously though, he is very escentric, and is never rushed. kinda like the soup nazi.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Sounds like me too : LOL Thanks I will call!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                            In a word "Crap" comes to mind, some do, some read, this is my problem with a Magizines. Now you and a lot more that read that say it wont work, believe me they do, but to bolt on a generic one wont. For every engine there is a lenght runner and volume of plenum needed, if you change the camshaft then the intake changes, and this is the only way to get it perfect. Which will make the water hammer effect work right. I am not working on a bolt together 450 HP engine if that helps.
                            465hp?

Jeff have you called Willson, ask for Terry.
                            He should be able to help you out.
                            If not let me know.

Comment

Thanks! It is to fit a set of Comp Eliminator Heads if that offers a clue as to how much power.

Comment

Working...
                              X