3rd Gen. F-Body Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen. F-Body Fuel Pump

It takes me 14hrs to replace the fuel pump(in tank) . You have to remove lower shock bolts, let the axle swing all the way down, remove panard bar , crossbrace ,exhaust, gas tank heat shield ,and evenafter all this its still hard to get the tank down .Since this isn't the good bird ( GTA )I was wondering if anyone has just cut an access hole,then seal it back up with a bolt in plate?

Re: 3rd Gen. F-Body Fuel Pump

Yup thats the way most people do it, we did that on my buddies car

Comment

That's the easiest way to go!! I just cut a piece of sheet metal a little larger than the hole I cut then put a bead of silicone around the edge and screwed it down with a couple of sheet metal screws. ;) ;)

Comment

Makes you wonder why GM never put an access panel there in the 1st place

Comment

probably so you would have to take it to the dealer to get your problem fixed.

how many everyday people do you know get scared to work on the car when they pop the hood on their new car?

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick posts just cut the middle rectangle section out (didn't want to loose to much structure, didn't know what all was under there . Last pump was in 05 in the GTA ) looks like I'll have plenty of room . Again thanks .

Comment

You only really need a 6x6 hole

Comment

Went with a 6x10 there about .Right in the middle of the wheel wells. 6"side to side 10"front to back.
                EDIT: went with a 7"X12", but a 6X12 would be better

Comment

Working...
                X