• Show
Clear All

Re: Emmisions help

sleeper did you pass this time around?

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
      nope it was a heck of alot closer though dont think i can squeeze the rest out without a miracal

Hc 500 ppm with a limit of 220

CO 1.41 with a limit of 1.20

CO2 7.58%

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperT-Bird87
        Originally posted by shaun callaway
        nope it was a heck of alot closer though dont think i can squeeze the rest out without a miracal

Hc 500 ppm with a limit of 220

CO 1.41 with a limit of 1.20

CO2 7.58%

sorry to hear

Comment

Was that 6* timing locked or just initial?
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
            Was that 6* timing locked or just initial?
            initial I swapped in a spare distributor

Comment

Hmm, sorry I'm not sure where to go from there. :-\

Comment

Hmm, sorry I'm not sure where to go from there. :-\
                Ill figure out something.

Comment

Have you tried some type of a.i.r. inection(i.e. air pump.)?

Comment

Ok, maybe one more thought.....

More alcohol, total timing above 30* by 2,000. If you adjust the timing timing by ear/vacuum at idle (to the highest idle) what does the timing end up at? IF reasonable between 10*-15* I'd probably try that and try and get 30*-40* total timing by 2,500 by either vacuum or mechanical advance (Try the Vacuum advance hooked up to manifold vacuum since the engine isn't under load). Your A/F meter and a vacuum gauge could help you out at the 2,500rpm test by trying to test different timings to see how that effects vacuum and A/F ratio. Shoot for the highest vacuum at both idle and 2,500rpm and see if the A/F ratio is reasonable. And then there is always the intentional exhaust leak at the header collectors....

(I've never done any testing with an A/F meter, I've always used a Vacuum gauge to determine relative efficiency, so looking at both maybe redundant, but these are things I'd try if I were in your shoes)

Comment

Ok, maybe one more thought.....

More alcohol, total timing above 30* by 2,000. If you adjust the timing timing by ear/vacuum at idle (to the highest idle) what does the timing end up at? IF reasonable between 10*-15* I'd probably try that and try and get 30*-40* total timing by 2,500 by either vacuum or mechanical advance (Try the Vacuum advance hooked up to manifold vacuum since the engine isn't under load). Your A/F meter and a vacuum gauge could help you out at the 2,500rpm test by trying to test different timings to see how that effects vacuum and A/F ratio. Shoot for the highest vacuum at both idle and 2,500rpm and see if the A/F ratio is reasonable. And then there is always the intentional exhaust leak at the header collectors....

(I've never done any testing with an A/F meter, I've always used a Vacuum gauge to determine relative efficiency, so looking at both maybe redundant, but these are things I'd try if I were in your shoes)
                      If the timing is about 20* the vacume is at its highest (13-14") It doesnt make a whole lot at base or at 30* usually about 5-6".Ive been prolonging changing the collector gaskets it does have an audible leak there on both sides.

I also let the coolant temp climb today to about 210 during the test exhaust temps at the tailpipe were over 240* (using my handheld thermometer) I was for sure it would had passed.

Comment

The temp is good as long as you are not getting any detonation. I'd try for highest vacuum, but that suggestion just might be coming from my comfort zone because it's what I've always used for carb and ignition tuning (I run one while driving), but I've have sucess tuning on a worn Odd-fire 231 for the Dyno smog test, but I also had all the other Emission gizmo's working too :-\

Comment

it depends where u r at cuz my friend just made my stang pass cuz he knows people at a shop that passes emissions for a little bit more flow but he got it passed

Comment

Working...
                          X