msd, racepack experts please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msd, racepack experts please...

i've been thinking about this for a while now and can't put 2+2 togather. but i just realized i have a welth of info at my finger tips, if i just ask!
    say i had the racepack pro 1a with a driveshaft sensor, and i had (i don't yet) the MSD 8973 http://www.msdpromag.com/
    is it possible to get the two to "talk" togather?
    what i mean to say is, when i look at my drive shaft speed i know that at 1900@ .5 sec the tires will stick, but say at 1950 it goes up in smoke. is there a way i can set a perimeter to where i can knock two degrees of timing out if i go over 1900 until it slows back down. obviously i would want the perimeter to increase as the car goes down the track. but my main consern is the first 100 ft or say 1-1.3 or so seconds of the run.
    i know this is technialy illegal, ie. traction control, but could it be done? and if so, how?
    thanks
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: msd, racepack experts please...

You could probably do it with a PIC or microcontroler, im guessing it wouldnt be a lot of code

Comment

Re: msd, racepack experts please...

Not sure on the capabilities of the MSD boxes, if it's not written in the documentation then I wouldn't plan on it working.

But you can do this with a handful of standalone engine management systems, even if you were running a carb and just used the EMS for timing or boost control. Motec, Megasquirt, and a few others will support this kind of traction control.

-scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
      X