map sensor anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map sensor anomaly

I am monitoring live data, and found my freshly cleaned IAT now revealed a 21F (it used to stop at 30F)
    I am in maine it is 13F in the sun. Ground is more frozen this year. Air temps won't matter until may.

Damn cold at all times.
    with that, map sensor below 32F on the IAT reads in huge numbers. I saw a stable 20psia while driving.
    This is supposed to go towards zero I thought.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mercury.JPG Views:	1 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	1188410

this is 40 inches of mercury.
    That is enough to suck the moon closer to earth.
    What is doing that? and there is no codes. engine runs beautiful.
    I do have the air lid gapped to gain IAT by engine heat.. but I need to be sitting at an idle.
    map sensor reads normal when above 32 on the IAT. Goes smaller numbers instead of bigger when throttling parked.
    Getting above 50F on the IAT in this cold is doing good.

radiator flow stays shut for weeks. This 305 goes air cooled. the cabin heat is awesome (as always).. it does not care about the thermostat. A long idle and some throttling up and I can get coolant to flow and move around, keep a good mix.
    these 64cc vortec heads won't be popping a gasket.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 31, 2018, 09:14 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I dont trust much data. The key I read is the engine is running beautifully so why mess with it? I also do not know if you are just looking at a default number and its only important for the sensor to make above or below said numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
      I dont trust much data. The key I read is the engine is running beautifully so why mess with it? I also do not know if you are just looking at a default number and its only important for the sensor to make above or below said numbers.
      I did learn it ignores map once it hits zero.

the numbers are no bother.

I got a new one on the way anyway.
      7 bucks, ebay special.

it just got through a nasty couple of days, no problems.
      from start to finish it was 12 below cold start in friday, 1 day later rain 40F, now back to frigid this evening in the wind.
      I loved the city puddles etc.. truck thinks nothing of it, diving right into splashing right over the cab sometimes.
      ice at the bottom of it all.

I got my new glass installed on the -12 day.
      doing awesome. Pro install. they knew all about my doubts. Sure enough, no problems.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 5, 2018, 03:01 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X