70' chevelle Radiators...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70' chevelle Radiators...

So were trying to get the crucial systems up to date in our 70'chevelle. So im looking at radiators. Im quite sure the old 4 core is plugged full of shit and is pretty much toast. Weve decided aluminum is the way to go and i was searching around and found this... http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_373648_-1
    It seems like a really good deal. I was wondering if anyone has used one and if it is a direct fit kind of deal or its just "kind of close" fit. I just dont want to have to hack up the radiator surpport top get this to work. I would assume it would keep a mild small block cooled down nicely. Anyone with expierence here?

Re: 70' chevelle Radiators...

There's a GM aluminum radiator that fits the
    '68-up Chevelle radiator support as if made for it.

Had one with our last BB & loved it! Light & effective.

Believe it sourced from a C-30 van. (??)

Post this Q on www.chevelles.com & get the part number and source vehicle(s).
    Look in their SEARCH archives & you'll even find the correct #s for the hoses to use w/it.

Ordered ours from Rock Auto. Cheapppppppppp. HTH

Comment

I need this same radiator for my '72 Chevelle. I searched over at www.chevelles.com but couldn't find it. I posted a question asking for the application, here's the link.

Comment

Finally found it! I priced the radiator through Advance Auto, $148. Here's the part # and the part #'s for the hoses you need to make it work.

GM# 52479539
        Advance# 43-3709

Gates
        21204 upper
        21324 lower

The post where I found the info, scroll down to the last post:

Comment

Congratulations on your successful utilization of a terrific resource for Chevelles (& all A-bodies)!

And a genuine thanks for sharing your efforts & results w/everyone here! --

Comment

Found it even cheaper. ;)

Looks like the exact same radiator availabe at Summit for $111.95.

Comment

Hey guys,I wonder what the difference is in the summit brand and say one from Alumitech,that cost five or six time that amount.115 dollars is a hell of a price.I just recently put in a unit with the twin fans and it ran about 1000.00 bucks for my 66 elcy.
              Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Working...
              X