Hall effect sensor for driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall effect sensor for driveshaft

I already have a pair of innovate Motorsports mtx-l a/f ratio meters, and a pocket logger witch will record their out put onto an SD card for viewing the a/f ratio after a run on a computer. I am considering getting an innovate SSi-4 that will daisy chain onto the pocket logger and allow me to record engine RPM and driveshaft RPM to analyze clutch slippage. To record the driveshaft speed, I would need a hall effect sensor on the trans output, the driveshaft, or the rear end. online, I see kits for $200+, or hall effect sensors for $2 to build your own. What do you guys do? Also my tremec transmission has a vss. Could I use that?

Thanks, Joel

I usually google that kind of stuff...

I have a T56 Magnum which came with a VR-type Vehicle Speed Sensor . In order to get this as a reasonable input into my ECU, I would have to condition that AC signal to digital. Are there any factory T56 VSS sensors that will go into my Magnum and be a Hall Effect type? I believe the Viper sensor is a hall effect, but I do not know if it will bolt into the Magnum.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks, Squirrel

Comment

Working...
      X