Vintage Lev-L-Lite Model B4 Headlight Aimers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Lev-L-Lite Model B4 Headlight Aimers

I've been looking on and off for over a year for a set of these and finally got a setup. Now I can aim all my head lights and others as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	1227404
    Attached Files
    Retirement is better than I thought!

congrats! I was thinking of buying some off ebay (not that good of a set, though), but decided I can live with my current method of "close enough" aiming.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      congrats! I was thinking of buying some off ebay (not that good of a set, though), but decided I can live with my current method of "close enough" aiming.
      I got these for $60.00 shipped!
      I'm going to have a head light aiming party when I get them for everybody.

Comment

I've always used, the so many feet back from a wall, and then height and left and right. Just like service stations use.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I've always used, the so many feet back from a wall, and then height and left and right. Just like service stations use.
          I want mine right though not guessing. I have seen these lights aimed with line of sight and well it doesn't cut it. I have been blinded by many on the road. I'm wanting it to be as good as it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

I want mine right though not guessing. I have seen these lights aimed with line of sight and well it doesn't cut it. I have been blinded by many on the road. I'm wanting it to be as good as it can be.
            Set Right??, when, when unloaded, or when that ramp truck has 4-5000 lb strapped to it?
            Right when, when no one is sitting in a vehicle/car or when you have 3-4 people and their gear. ?
            The mark the wall and so many feet from it, works just as good and just as well. as the one setting the lamps can not control the load in the vehicle, it's placement, or in the ramp truck, if it be loaded or not and with how much.
            ymmv. cool tool, but there is a reason 98% of shops went to the wall and aimed with it.
            Last edited by Eric; January 16, 2019, 02:36 AM.

Comment

I hope you keep them in your car and stop every prick with wrongly adjusted LED's burning holes thru my mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                I hope you keep them in your car and stop every prick with wrongly adjusted LED's burning holes thru my mirrors
                That's why I want them right. I don't want to be the guy blinding other's because I want aim them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Set Right??, when, when unloaded, or when that ramp truck has 4-5000 lb strapped to it?
                  Right when, when no one is sitting in a vehicle/car or when you have 3-4 people and their gear. ?
                  The mark the wall and so many feet from it, works just as good and just as well. as the one setting the lamps can not control the load in the vehicle, it's placement, or in the ramp truck, if it be loaded or not and with how much.
                  ymmv. cool tool, but there is a reason 98% of shops went to the wall and aimed with it.
                  What is wrong with me buying something to make aiming my light's better that has you so worked up? Did you send me some money I don't know about??? You do it your way, I'll do mine thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

What is wrong with me buying something to make aiming my light's better that has you so worked up? Did you send me some money I don't know about??? You do it your way, I'll do mine thank you.
                    Don't care, great you bought it. awesome. but you felt the need to post about it, and, I guess was looking for ooooohhh aaaaahh's.
                    if you think I'm worked up about it. pfft.

Comment

If I were closer I'd ask for an invite to that aiming party.

A well-aimed headlight arrangement is a joy to drive at night. Relieves eyestrain and safety factor goes WAY up.

Used to be a poorly aimed headlight was just asking to be pulled over by Law Enforcement, at least around here.

Great Score! You even got the original box and the Quad light setup as well. Cool Old Tool!
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                        When someone comes up and rides my tail and their lights are burning my eyes, I have gotten pretty good at adjusting the side mirror so it shines back in their eyes. They normally pass me at that point or back off so the angle of the light changes.
                        Last edited by Russell; January 25, 2019, 08:51 PM.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X