No announcement yet.

Air Compressor plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - the legs finally came for the blast cabinet so I got it assembled and hooked up. When to Harbor Freight and picked up a box of aluminum oxide. Initially tried the cabinet without a vacuum - no bueno! So I hooked up an old house vacuum that we had sitting in a closet. Works pretty good now! So far everything seems nice and dry but our humidity is pretty low right now so I will have to wait for a true test.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2700.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	1231081

Comment

Does the Eastwood cabinet leak? I've been advised to steer clear of the HF blaster cabinets because they leak both sand and dust. Seems like you could RTV the panels as you assemble it but I've never heard of anyone doing that. I've been happy with my Eastwood MIG so I'm thinking their stuff is OK and wondering about your experience.

Dan

Comment

Dan

It does not leak! Before I hooked up the vacuum - it put out a lot of dust out the vent but once I put the tube in the vent hole and hooked up the vacuum it doesn't seem to leak at all. The seams are siliconed from the factory. Also, the cabinet is made out of 16ga as opposed to the Harbor Freight at 19 gauge.

Comment

Working...
        X