Another 10 Bolt thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another 10 Bolt thread

The 8.2 in the camaro was an open 2.56 gear, to get the 3.73 gear to fit the 2 series carrier I used the Mr Gasket ring gear spacer that Spidey is talking about. The spacer moves the ring gear over (to pass side of diff) so it will make the correct contact with the pinion gear. The 2.56 pinion gear is HUGE, so without the spacer, the ring gear mounting surface sits too far to the driver side of the diff.

Hope that made sense.....

To install the lockright, there is no need to remove the carrier from the housing, remove center pin and C clip and pull the axles. Take the side and spider gears out and assemble the lockright unit into the carrier. Takes about an hour the first time, but you never take the carrier out, so therefore you never change the position of the gears. It was only when I installed the new gears that it needed to be set up (shims,etc). Checkout my project thread http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=11393.0, it has some pics of the lockright install.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Are these Mr Gasket spacers sold at common auto parts or do I need to get them from Summit or Jegs?
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

auto zone sells mr g stuff . they can get em for ya

Comment

IDK....Napa may be able to get them, I get all my stuff from Summit (the performance parts place here gouges) and I want to say it was $30 with new ring gear bolts. I know I paid a lttle over $200 for gears, spacer and install kit.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
          X