Aero Exhaust - Big Claims !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero Exhaust - Big Claims !!

A friend of mine has heard about some big performance (hp) and economy (mi/gal) improvements with the use of Aero Exhaust's HP30x exhaust package, which includes Aero Performance Exhaust 3030XL Muffler with a built-in resonator, and the ST3040 exhaust tip. Also claims it "is the best sounding exhaust system on the market".

I'm a little leary of testimonials on the site of the products manufacturer. Does anyone out there have personal experience with Aero Exhaust products?

My friend mentioned up to 10hp and 3-5 mi/gal improvements for a 2006 V6 Tacoma.

Re: Aero Exhaust - Big Claims !!

If you are looking for a muffler that will last a long time while giving you gains in horsepower and torque then you need a performance muffler by Aero Exhaust

Those are some strong improvement claims... 8)
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Some of the claims are too good to be true IMO. Especially the mileage and HP claim. 15% increase in mileage ??? yeah right.

The Perfect PERFORMANCE MUFFLER For Both Gas and Diesel Vehicles.

Are You Tired of Gas Mileage Gimmicks? Try something NASCAR uses!

* Aero Mufflers Pay For Themselves!
      - In Fuel Savings and Engine Longevity!
      * 5 To 7% increase in Horsepower And Torque!
      - Better in Traffic Response Time.
      * Up To 15 To 20% Increase In Fuel Economy!
      - 15% Increases In Fuel Economy Are Typical.

* Works For All Gas And Diesel Engines!
      - Pays For Itself In Added Fuel Economy.
      * Free Shipping with UPS Ground.
      - Next Day - Overnight Available. Just Call!

Life Time Manufacturer Warranty!
      ( Made of Stainless Steel )

30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
      ( If not satisfied with performance. )

Comment

I'm leaning to BS on some of those claims.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

those claims are probably vs a bone stock exhaust...although I didn't look at the link, just guessing.

Comment

Its going to be hard to beat the sound of a magnaflow. I have a pair of 3 inch on the coronet and one on my SRT 10.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              A friend of mine has heard about some big performance (hp) and economy (mi/gal) improvements with the use of Aero Exhaust's HP30x exhaust package, which includes Aero Performance Exhaust 3030XL Muffler with a built-in resonator, and the ST3040 exhaust tip. Also claims it "is the best sounding exhaust system on the market".

I'm a little leary of testimonials on the site of the products manufacturer. Does anyone out there have personal experience with Aero Exhaust products?

My friend mentioned up to 10hp and 3-5 mi/gal improvements for a 2006 V6 Tacoma.
              there's no possible way they can make mileage and HP improvement claims and be accurate. Too many variables on every application. Sure, they can do "testing" that shows big gains (I've done it!) but you can bet that you won't see those improvements on your own car. Don't be fooled by hype,

-scott
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

This is one of the thing I don't get. They say you put a free flowing exhaust on a car and you get better gas mileage. But wouldn't the free flowing exhaust make the motor breath easier, thus allowing more air to move through the motor. And if more air is being moved through the motor wouldn't you have to add more fuel to make up for the lean condition that the added air would cause. So how can you be getting better gas mileage??

Anyway it's time for BS flag.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                  This is one of the thing I don't get. They say you put a free flowing exhaust on a car and you get better gas mileage. But wouldn't the free flowing exhaust make the motor breath easier, thus allowing more air to move through the motor. And if more air is being moved through the motor wouldn't you have to add more fuel to make up for the lean condition that the added air would cause. So how can you be getting better gas mileage??
                  good thinking TC. I have some experience in this area... basically, freer flowing exhaust might allow more airflow,k BUT in a naturally aspirated engine, loss of backpressure can reduce scavenging efficiency, and actually cause a loss of average power (even if peak goes up, if average goes down the car is slower).

The best way to look at exhaust and airflow improvements, is to see whether or not they improve "volumetric efficiency"

but you are 100% correct, huge BS advertising :-)
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Here's some commentary from personal experience. A 3in exhauste on my 468 BBB in my 70 Riv with a TH700R4 lost gas mileage compared to the very crappy 2.25in stuff that was on it before. This was because it moved the torque out of the normal operating range of the transmission and gearing combo. I had to go to a higher throttle opening everytime I hit a hill or downshift. When I switched to 3.42's from 3.23 I got a lot of the mileage back but what really brought it back as stepping down to 2.5in, then the combo was even better. Not bad for a carbed big block in a 5000lb car pulling 25mpg on the freeway at 78mph average.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

You guys check fuel mileage? ;D ;D

Comment

When the primary use of that car was to get me from C Springs to Austin and back and be a play thing while I was in college.... I did. Driving across W Texas and New Mexico made for very good flat open road testing for uh... various things.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                        X