Sound Dead/Insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Dead/Insulation

Any recommendations on sound deadening/insulation material for my engine cover and floor?

I used the spray on ceramic coating on my FJ40. Put bedliner over it and it stays warm and quiet. Best part is ease of installation - one thing you do need to know is you must cover the ceramic coating, whether with carpet or bedliner.... that said, it works very well.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

This is the product we've used....: https://www.ebay.com/i/273483902715?chn=ps
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Hushmat is fabulous, but expensive.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've always just used a louder stereo or a shorter exhaust, personally.

Comment

Buy car insulation direct from USA's supplier for the lightest heat and sound deadening insulation. You will not find a lighter automotive sound deadener!

decent stuff, good price, better people. My shipment ended up taking three weeks to get here because they were helping with hurricane relief.

No national disaster recently so it should ship quick.

Comment

Working...
            X