Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5/8" drive studs and wheels- I'm a bit confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/8" drive studs and wheels- I'm a bit confused...

OK, I am working out details on my drag car which is a 67 firebird. I'm planning on running a 9" rear from Quick Performance, 35 spline axles and 5/8" drive studs. I love weld drag lites, but they say they cannot be run with 5/8" studs. I also love the old centerline auto drag and convo pros, but I get conflicting information on compatibility with the large diameter studs, combine this lug with this washer/spacer etc... This is not a big tire car, and will be running a 275/60-15. This will primarily be a street car, with the end goal of race/drag week.

As long as they take a shank style lug nut they should work fine with 5/8 drive studs. You need to make sure you have a long enough stud that the smooth portion protrudes through the wheel, then you use a spacer between the wheel and the nut. I used the same wheels when I moved from 1/2 studs to 5/8 drive studs.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

the threads are 5/8", the shank is 11/16", right Clark?
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I thought Quick let you pick what studs they make the axles for. Why not just ask for the size you need?

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
          I thought Quick let you pick what studs they make the axles for. Why not just ask for the size you need?
          They do, but recommended 5/8", and got confused when I started researching my wheel choices.

Comment

Working...
          X