E85 q jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 q jet

hello guys. I have the 461 Pontiac together just have to install accessories and fuel system. My question today is how complicated is it to switch over to E85 on a q jet? I’m trying to measure the only con for fuel injection (price) so I can see if the 3000$ or so is worth it compared to converting a q jet to run corn juice. Anybody with high compression E85 daily driver experience out there?

https://www.google.com/search?ei=eqX...60.7WPFkaMogkM

The strip had a nice race/show. Western Fuel Altered's Nitro cars / Alky cars plus a nice sized show. The pics are not great due to the suns position and my

Last edited by RockJustRock; May 21, 2019, 06:34 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Thumpin is the resident expert .Soon as the snow melts we will probably hear from him .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That was an excellent thread. I’m nervous to dive into a q jet rebuild. I tried to rebuild one to run the 350 in the Lemans and it ran like total s**t. I spent wayyy to much time on it and it turned out like garbage. Car ran but got terrible mileage. The idle tubes were a nightmare and I put it together just to take it apart 3 or 4 times.........
        I feel like this will be a recurring nightmare. The more I whine about it the more I want to do it

Comment

Working...
        X