Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Polishing

Anybody had this done?
    I have noticeable sand pitting and was wondering if polishing would be a viable alternative to replacing the windshield.
    Does it end up creating distortion in the glass?

use a pro. it costs a lot - its best use is windows for which there is no replacement..... when I get to my 50 Buick, one of those 'pricing' things I did going forward was polishing the side and rear windows.... $500 for the rear and $500 for the 2 side windows I'm keeping.... compare to: the one piece replacement for the front window, costs $480.... new. Oh and no guarantees, you have to pay in advance and if the window blows up - it's your problem not theirs....

one thing, though, if they do polish it - it will look brand new - and they can even fix some clouding (which I didn't realize they could do)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 22, 2019, 07:46 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I got these grains, mixed them in water, tried to polish some 66 glass. Did not realize I needed the base to mix the cerium oxide in. 150 right out the door to see if you can do it. Ended up replacing the glass.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Last edited by anotheridiot; July 22, 2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X