Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harbor fright 120v weld.. 63582 and 63583

120v the 125 flux core
    I just used my second one after my brother walked off with the first one.
    so cheap, just go get another one right?
    I liked them for being beefy and for being so cheap. I attack my old gmc with it.. from sheet metal to frame

the second one is 63583 and proving to be an absolute beast. I have never had a 120v go that powerful.
    I could melt the frame and leave everything cooling down from a draper point for quite stome time.

I can go through 3/16ths new flat stock on high settings, speed #3

anybody know why I got the same welder in a different world for 90 dollars?

I like them for dragging around and keeping dirty..doing dirty work.
    It surprised me yesterday as I welded the tails of my 96. I have got 3/8ths inch melted beads of new and old metal in a way I did not think was possible.
    Very confident for sure.

it makes a different noise, the fan and the hertz of welding time.
    something different going on there...anybody know?

solved:

the garage was switched to LEd overhead lighting. I am getting more amperes.
    simplest explanation first.. usually the best one
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 9, 2019, 04:46 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Glad it's working for you. I'm kind of a shielding gas snob to the point that I shipped the Grandson (and his Dad) my old Lincoln rather than let him go with flux core wire. I was afraid he'd get spattery welds and get discouraged and give it up. Still, you CAN do some meaningful work with flux core and you are doing that.

Dan

Comment

Derby guy had a Lincoln a little smaller than my 140. He ran flux core and I did not like the mess. But he welded everything!
      When we use a cord with our's. We use the biggest fat cord we can... Makes the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Glad it's working for you. I'm kind of a shielding gas snob to the point that I shipped the Grandson (and his Dad) my old Lincoln rather than let him go with flux core wire. I was afraid he'd get spattery welds and get discouraged and give it up. Still, you CAN do some meaningful work with flux core and you are doing that.

Dan
        yep, I need to burn and shatter, grab the carbon crystals that stood the test of time.
        the old steel is in an art of itself. A lot like structure weld..

my last weld found something of a sodium.. the white light nearly had me looking away with helmet on the setting "13"
        little tiny atomic games to play.

I'd love to get some photos of what I recover.. up close.
        as it was in the beginning, sure isn't the ending. steel is a great thing to learn.

I have yet to do something pretty. All my welding chores are stopping murders and holding tons.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

I am all for the flux core, cant use shielding gas to save my life. I expect if someone were to try to use this welder to throw beads for an hour, they would have some problems, duty cycles are probably 40-60% on heavy stuff. That is the key, knowing when to stop and let the heat dissipate from the welder before starting again. I am talking welding replacement panels with spot welds. Switch back to flux core and guess what, I end up needing to run 3 inch long beads.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
            I am all for the flux core, cant use shielding gas to save my life. I expect if someone were to try to use this welder to throw beads for an hour, they would have some problems, duty cycles are probably 40-60% on heavy stuff. That is the key, knowing when to stop and let the heat dissipate from the welder before starting again. I am talking welding replacement panels with spot welds. Switch back to flux core and guess what, I end up needing to run 3 inch long beads.
            I triggered a heat light just once.. I figure its cold where I am all year

the trigger was a 40 yr old boat trailer that got the salt.
            I have gone half a foot or more, let off on my own.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
            X