Tall deck BBC engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall deck BBC engine mounts

I am putting a tall deck bbc in my 67 Firebird, and I am trying to figure out the engine mounts. The engine mounts Moroso recommends are #62530, but no frame pads available.... I have been trying to find some solid frame pads, but no luck. I am pretty much sold on running solid mounts, unless there is something I am not taking into account. Suggestions?

Just making your own is my only suggestion. You can get the solid motor side anywhere, then its just a piece of tube as high as you want it.

Comment

www.overkillderby.com. Others have them too,
      Weld in/bolt in frame mounts with poly inserts.
      We do not solid mount derby motors.. They break.
      For clamshell types.

FYI, the motor part of motor mounts can be pretty thick and incorporates the side and front mount holes on SBC, I have no idea if the BBC is that way or not.

Comment

FYI-
        I went with factory BBC frame stands, and it fits perfect with the Moroso mounts.

Comment

that's what I would have suggested...glad it worked. you're basically bolting a big block into a camaro, it's a factory setup.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            that's what I would have suggested...glad it worked. you're basically bolting a big block into a camaro, it's a factory setup.
            I had to "adjust" the holes a little to get the engine/trans in straight, but pretty simple. Driver side header fit perfectly too- no dents!

Comment

Working...
            X