At it Again with the SS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At it Again with the SS.

Left me stranded at work, now a new issue has popped up and I can't seem to figure out what it is now.

I have no pass key light at all, nothing. I got signal when i took apart the vats connector with the ohms of .687 with the key in the run position but no light on the dash. I don't know what to think now.

Anybody can shine a light on this?
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

You mean theft deterrent passkey?

I had a malibu like that, all you needed to do was try again in 5 minutes. There was a bypass for it, about using a switch to power 12V to the yellow wire, Seems like I just got here in the middle of a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
      You mean theft deterrent passkey?

I had a malibu like that, all you needed to do was try again in 5 minutes. There was a bypass for it, about using a switch to power 12V to the yellow wire, Seems like I just got here in the middle of a conversation.
      Yeah, I was thinking about getting another key cut from one of the local locksmiths that still do it. It's getting harder and harder to get simple stuff for the car, I was lucky a few years back when Cash for clunkers was going on I scored some hard to find stuff like the green chime module and the lock actuators.

It's funny, I got the VATS kit in the mail and hooked it up, no passkey light and still wouldn't start. I got no dome lights when the door is opened either now, which is another problem that might be stemming from the CTS/PWR Lock fuse, but the power locks work when i hit the button. I don't know what to think at this point, possible bad PCM cause I don't think 94's came with a BCM.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post

Yeah, I was thinking about getting another key cut from one of the local locksmiths that still do it. It's getting harder and harder to get simple stuff for the car, I was lucky a few years back when Cash for clunkers was going on I scored some hard to find stuff like the green chime module and the lock actuators.

It's funny, I got the VATS kit in the mail and hooked it up, no passkey light and still wouldn't start. I got no dome lights when the door is opened either now, which is another problem that might be stemming from the CTS/PWR Lock fuse, but the power locks work when i hit the button. I don't know what to think at this point, possible bad PCM cause I don't think 94's came with a BCM.
        The stupidest thing I have seen for no dome lights is a wire that cut and was grounding that was in the swivel part of the visor that fed the makeup mirror.

Almost broke the windshield trying to get the stupid rear view mirror off since it all started with the compass not working.

I have not seen a VATS kit, I just know there has to be constant voltage at that key to start and keep running. That was my problem with the malibu, it would not start, started after 5 minutes, but if you drive for more than 25 minutes, it would just die at any time, even though we could pop it in neutral and it would immediately start, go back in gear and keep driving. So either way, maybe the kit needs a 12 hot all the time and its wired off an ignition on source?

Comment

Update:

I got it running, after tracing wires and looking around. I found a relay that was patched into the passkey system and starter enable. Unplugged the relay and plugged it back, started up normal. Tried it again and it did the same thing, grabbed a new relay and no issues since then.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
          X