LED taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED taillights

Does anyone have a source for custom made LED tail lights - full running light, brake light and turn signal light functions.

I know of videos of how-to-do but I don't know anyone who would build one for you - an example

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd brake light cargo10.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1255161

I have a guy on instagram who will build you custom lights if you send him the housings. He is building some now for a friend of mine. Very nice lights and they are bright. Here are my tail lights he did for me. He swapped my cargo light into a third brake light. He goes by disciple2.rc on instagram if you have account.

Attached Files
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I really like my amber night driving glasses anyway.

Comment

Some of the newer vehicles the led lights are too bright, as in blindingly bright.
          Maybe it isn't as bad in places with tons of other lighting around, street lights/businesses/etc.
          but out of the city type lighting they are bright as heck when someone hits the brakes and there are no other lights other than the moon and stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Some of the newer vehicles the led lights are too bright, as in blindingly bright.
            Maybe it isn't as bad in places with tons of other lighting around, street lights/businesses/etc.
            but out of the city type lighting they are bright as heck when someone hits the brakes and there are no other lights other than the moon and stars.
            That's what I want in my classic cars so the ones behind me on their phones notice me stopping before they hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
              I really like my amber night driving glasses anyway.
              Same as shooting glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

That's what I want in my classic cars so the ones behind me on their phones notice me stopping before they hit me.
                I got bad news for you.
                They rearend police cruisers with the gumball machine going.
                If they can't see that while face in phone.
                Led tail lights are not gonna do much.

I got a fix for the face in the phone problem.
                All insurance companies policies, put in wording that if they can prove you were looking at your phone we don't cover your claim. And your data usage will tell the tail. , so will the last time your app was opened.
                This force those that don't want to be paying for a wreck they caused out of pocket to either turn off the unit, or have one of those driving apps, that auto reply to any incoming call/text that I'm driving, I'll get back to you after I stop.
                It never happen, as they rather be able to ticket folks for it. than make the roads safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

I got bad news for you.
                  They rearend police cruisers with the gumball machine going.
                  If they can't see that while face in phone.
                  Led tail lights are not gonna do much.

I got a fix for the face in the phone problem.
                  All insurance companies policies, put in wording that if they can prove you were looking at your phone we don't cover your claim. And your data usage will tell the tail. , so will the last time your app was opened.
                  This force those that don't want to be paying for a wreck they caused out of pocket to either turn off the unit, or have one of those driving apps, that auto reply to any incoming call/text that I'm driving, I'll get back to you after I stop.
                  It never happen, as they rather be able to ticket folks for it. than make the roads safer.
                  I can't control what other drivers do on the road. All I can do is make mine more visible to everyone who is around it. That's all.

Comment

Andy, my wife's school bus was rear ended twice in the last 3 years, while sitting still with the lights flashing and kids getting on and off. The phones are the problem, I wish there was an ap that would shut them off when in a car.

But I did put LED taillights in my car...

Comment

I'd install a 2 channel dash camera first.
                      main channel is out the dash and 2nd channel is out the rear. The 300 bucks (US dollars) give or take is well worth it.
                      Let them claim they were not looking at phone when you have footage of it.

Comment

All I herd on this past HRPT is that nobody could see my tail lights when following me in the rain. So I had new LED's installed so they could see me, now everyone says it want do any good to have them! I don't know about everyone else but I like having them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                          All I herd on this past HRPT is that nobody could see my tail lights when following me in the rain. So I had new LED's installed so they could see me, now everyone says it want do any good to have them! I don't know about everyone else but I like having them.
                          Don't listen, you needed to fix the back and I'm going to follow you with the Impala upgrading it. Their definitely better than what they came with. There's always some negativity, that's why you build your car the way YOU want to.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Don't listen, you needed to fix the back and I'm going to follow you with the Impala upgrading it. Their definitely better than what they came with. There's always some negativity, that's why you build your car the way YOU want to.
                            Correct sir! I'm building it my way!

Comment

Andy, some folks just gotta shitz on your parade, dam if you do, dam if you don't... I like what you do! Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X