Transmission cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transmission cooler

Also implying that you are slipping the clutch a bunch.

Its really the actual running temp that determines whether you need a fan on the cooler or not. I have also found three other factors that change tranny temp perfomance.

In my case I'm required to run a tranny balnket based on the ET the car runs and not surprisingly a ballistic blanket is a great insulator. I a have finned deep sump pan and I adjusted the blanket so it hangs down just enough to act like an air scoop under the pan dropped highway temps down 20+ degrees which got me back to 200 on DW 06.

Next is the type of cooler, I switched from the B & M plate style to an Earl's tube an fin type 'super cooler' which looks like Setrab and that was good for another 20 degrees lower in similar heat and conditions including DW 07.

Finally the builder of the tranny, Lentech told me I should run larger cooler lines which are now #8 which easier to deal with than hardlines.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
    X