Any experience w/ Spectra or Four Seasons A/C compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience w/ Spectra or Four Seasons A/C compressors

I'm checking out prices for a V7 A/C compressor on Rockauto. Big discount for the non-oe units.
    Any opinions on Spectra or Four Seasons?
    New vs. Reman?

A new Spectra is $274
    The reman Four Seasons and AC Delco units are $335
    A new Delphi (OE), AC Delco or Denso are in the $450 - $500 range.

I just need two seasons out of it.

Re: Any experience w/ Spectra or Four Seasons A/C compressors

I bought a 4 Seasons Evap core for my 99 XJ from the local parts wholesaler for $65 (the junkyard I work for gets stuff at cost)...
    Anyway... the evap core I got looks identical to the one from my Jeep, except is says made in USA instead of made in China. :P
    The quality appears to be the same too.

The junkyard I work at carried Spectra products years ago & we never had a complaint/comeback unless the part was wrong.
    Spectra/4 Seasons are pretty much the same quality wise from what I've seen.
    IMO I'd go with the "NEW" Spectra compressor, just make sure the clutch is included with it...

Comment

if it is a 99 up truck with a 5.3 or 6.0 - that is a denso compressor and , like everything else they make , is crap
      see what the warranty is on the cheap ones

Comment

Four Seasons used to be a reasonably good brand...not sure lately, as it's been a long time since I bought one.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

4 seasons is what Autozone sold when I was there. Can't say in the few years I worked there I ever recall getting one back under warranty or a customer complaining to me about them. I think I have a 4 season heater core in the Centurion.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
          X