Fuel line routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line routing

I am a little confused with the NHRA fuel line rules, so I will try to explain myself. I have my pressure regulator on the fenderwell, and you can see how I have the lines routed in the engine bay. They are steel braided with a nylon braid over top, so should be legal right? Also I am going to mount the lines and filter from the tank (supply and return) on the outside of the frame rail in order to keep them from being close to the flywheel, and do not have to enclose them in a steel tube- also keep the heat down from the exhaust. I will bring them into the engine bay at the base of the inner fender, and keep them wrapped in a DEI heat sleeve- its a little close to the headers.... Am I thinking correctly?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel pressure regulator.jpg
Views:	1656
Size:	986.3 KB
ID:	1262448

Not sure, I was always under the impression that they want the lines to the inside of the frame rails to eliminate any damage from the outside like hitting a wall. I have gone hard tubing with 37 degree flared fittings ever since my racing days to eliminate all that braided hose since 3/8 hose is more like 5/16 ID.

Comment

Working...
    X