MSD 6425 6al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD 6425 6al

Gentlemen, my MSD 6425 module has damaged the tachometer pulse output CISMD.
    Someone has your number and knows if I can get it.
    I already asked this question to the manufacturer but had no answer.
    I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Morijr; February 23, 2020, 01:20 AM.

Not sure what you are asking. There is a note in the installation instructions that says this unit will only work with certain tachs. If your tach does not work, then you might need to buy another component (tach adapter) to address that issue.

Comment

I thank cstmwgn for your attention, and I will explain because it seems to me, that I was not understood.
      My MSD 6425 had damaged the CISMD component - tachometer pulse output, whose number is off, due to a wrong installation attempt.
      I know the need for an MSD 8920 adapter to make my tachometer work.
      But with the damaged component I have no output signal on the MSD 6425.
      I believe I have explained my question.
      Last edited by Morijr; February 23, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thats the thing with computers, you break them, you toss them and buy a new one and try to not make the same mistake twice..
        Last edited by anotheridiot; February 24, 2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Another Idiot, this would be the simple thing to do if you lived in the United States.
          Here in Brazil the reality is different.
          Here we fix things, otherwise let's see:
          MSD 6524 6al - $ 246.45 - BR $ 1,081.95
          Import fees US $ 294,67 (Amazon) - BR R $ 1,293.60
          Total US $ 541.12 - BR R $ 2.375.51
          Chip to be replaced less than $ 1
          And we know how to fix it, we just need the CIMSD part number and buy it.
          That simple.
          Last edited by Morijr; February 24, 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Morijr

Now I understand what you are asking. I know you mentioned that you have already contacted MSD. Did you ask them if they would repair it if you shipped it to them? Here in the states, that is the only way that I know of to get things fixed is to send it to them for repair. I do not believe that they make available part numbers for their internal components.

Comment

cstmwgn we know that it would be better for the manufacturer to do the repair but as i replied to AnotherIdiot, the difficulty of sending things to the United States from Brazil is very big and besides that it is very expensive.
              The return of the part would again generate a lot of expenses with transport and taxes.
              So, as we have a lot of experience in repairing things, mainly electronics, I hope to get the part number of the component.
              The one on my MSD is ineligible.
              See photo.
              Last edited by Morijr; February 24, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I am just saying that I do not think anyone can buy an internal board to fix their MSD sealed unit. I dont think you can get a number from anyone or buy the thing other than starting to build a board yourself.

Comment

anotheridiot i think that many people have the same problem as mine and someone, for sure, has already opened an MSD 6425 (which is not sealed) and can inform the part number.
                  I also believe that there must be MSD ignition controls sharing the same chip.
                  I'll keep trying, if you will.
                  Last edited by Morijr; February 24, 2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I know how you feel Moriji, I wanted to buy A Steve Morris T shirt after Tom Baily's Camaro did a 5.99 at Drag Week. The shirt was $25 USD, online so I ordered a shirt hoping the shipping wouldn't be too much more on top. Turned out the shipping to Australia was another $25 USD. The Australain $ was buying about 70 cents US at that time so after all that a T shirt was going to cost about $80 Australian. Thankfully the people at Steve Morris contacted me to see if I wanted to still go through with the purchase

I think what Moriji is chasing is just the number of the chip inside his MSD so he can then just get the chip and do the repair himself. If someone has a MSD6425 maybe they could have a look at it for him to see if they can read the chip number.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

65RHDEER thank you for your help.
                      This, of course, is the goal of the forum.
                      People who like cars, helping others who have the same pleasure.
                      Thanks again.
                      Last edited by Morijr; February 25, 2020, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSD.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1263436

I took this image from a repair of a different fault on a MSD, your fault is it a chip somewhere near where the purple and green wires terminate?

If you can circle or point to the problem chip it would make it easier for someone looking for you.

Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Morijr View Post
                          anotheridiot i think that many people have the same problem as mine and someone, for sure, has already opened an MSD 6425 (which is not sealed) and can inform the part number.
                          I also believe that there must be MSD ignition controls sharing the same chip.
                          I'll keep trying, if you will.
                          all I am saying is I do not know what good the part number will do you if you cannot buy it anyway. Sounds like you need to find a 6AL with something else wrong with it to take it from.

MSD Ignition Inc
                          12120 Esther Lama Dr,
                          El Paso, TX 79936
                          (915) 857-5200

I dont know who you have talked to, but this is the contact that we would send a box needing repair and they would have it 12-14 days. Maybe if you did not go straight to this repair source you just talked to some tech guy in sales that could not answer the question anyway. Maybe they would put one in an envelope considering your situation.

Last edited by anotheridiot; February 25, 2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

AnotherIdiot, I haven't talked to anyone.
                            I simply went to the manufacturer's website and using his system I sent the question that I also asked here.
                            Last edited by Morijr; February 25, 2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	126347765RHDEER Here is the foto
                              Last edited by Morijr; February 26, 2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X