No announcement yet.

Hemi/Vette new rear end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad, because altering your pinion angle can have dire consequences.... I don't like to tempt fate too much...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by kolsen911 View Post
      Good point guys, thanks
      I got a little magnetic digital angle gauge on amazon, just attach it to the bottom where you can read it, put the car on the ground and see what it is. You want to be at 3 degrees to keep your pinion bearing lubricated at all times. Spent alot of 20 bucks on amazon, that was one of the best.

Comment

I'll check on that the next time she's up on my 4 post lift.

Comment

Well I did lengthen the lower arms on the 4 link, just a little bit. Now when I look at the drive shaft angle as it goes into the rearend it's pretty much level. No more bottoming out, even under hard acceleration. The old girl is really a pleasure to drive. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200627_112907_7394.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	1309586

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1320993 Well the rain is finally ending here in Oregon so I can get the Hemi/Vette out for a drive. Recently replaced the 3.2:1 rear with the 3.7:1 I've had in a box for a couple years. Then spend a couple weeks with TREMEC trying to to get the right gear for the transmission/speedometer drive. Got an app for my phone that is GPS driven to compare and after the second drive gear from TREMEC got the speed right.
            The old girl pulls a little harder with the new rearend. Where as before it would turn 2000rpm at 70mph it's now 2300rpm. Not a big change for that more pull.

Comment

I very much like that car... One more pic of under the hood?

Comment

Sorry my pics are to big.

Comment

You don't have a photo resizer app. ?
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                  X