No announcement yet.

Drying Desiccant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, I hear if you heat the stuff up to 250-300 degrees for an adequate period of time, the moisture in it will evaporate and make it useful again. :|
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Meanwhile, I hear if you heat the stuff up to 250-300 degrees for an adequate period of time, the moisture in it will evaporate and make it useful again. :|
      meanwhile, while you're surfing the Linux or fixing your Ford, ask it what temperature Silica turns to a gas.

fetch

Okay, I relent, I know Fords don't run and Linux is really just angry programmer's code so there's really no information there..
      a 12 page scientific paper on the properties of Silica steam. My favorite line is the first "In most nuclear cratering and cavity formation applications, the working fluid in the expanding cavity consists primarily of vaporized silica and steam"

and I get it, my microwave makes stuff pretty hot, but not nuclear explosion/center of the sun hot. Maybe your Ford Linux one does?

The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Scientific and Technical Information
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 5, 2020, 09:57 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Linux says 1.21 gigawatts. That was Diesel Geek's gig, I'm a Windows guy turned noble farmer, and I'm more interested in keeping it under it's boiling point.. I only need about 3000* F
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I gave up on this, but let me give you my honest reasons for what I wrote to start this shit show.

My sister had birds all her life, all kinds of birds, never had a problem. Her ruby red whatever parrot got sick and died, she found an african grey at a garage sale, the woman said she could not keep it anymore due to some doctors concerns. So she took it, having birds all her life, kept it, had a good time with it, then started to get sick. After two years of no answers, she got to a doctor that said the dander of an african grey is detrimental to some peoples health, they inhale it and it does not leave the body, and the body treats it like a disease driving white blood counts up and fighting an unknown invader. They took scans and xrays and there was a black haze in her lungs. Of course, she did not buy it, since she never had trouble before, but when I asked if she ever asked that woman about the doctors concerns, she considered it. About a year later of being sick, she went back in the hospital, they are pulling gall bladders, says pancreas problems, her body was fighting her every move. Somehow it turned into autoimmune disease.

I drive out to indiana and took the bird away from them. I will keep it a while, if she gets better, we have an answer, if she doesnt, well, she wont need the bird anymore anyway. All she worried about was someone in my house getting sick from this bird. Well, lung damage was done, she constantly had trouble breathing, stayed in hospitals and nursing homes for two more years before she passed. Never getting an answer other than them writing Sepsis on her death certificate.

So that was my whole purpose. Autoimmune disease is basically doctor speak of we have no clue what is wrong with you. Dr House was a TV show. What this covid has taught us is all people are different. Some get the flu and are fine, any underlying condition and people die. 2018, 650,000 people died of the flu, so its not much of a stretch for a virus. God forbid anything happen like this to anyone here or anyone you know, but there are deaths based on lung disease with silicone. You can hit 5 garage sales and no doubt there is a 20.00 microwave there, or, yours is due for an upgrade and you get one in your shop to use for non food based experiments.

What is that worth to you, to be ok and figure you are not one in 10 million, or end up being that one in 10 million. My sister was probably one in 100 million.

I just thought after this woke up again that I should explain myself to people I respect here.

Comment

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
            X