Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mega Squirt, whats the bottom line here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mega Squirt, whats the bottom line here?

Originally posted by JoeyG
    Originally posted by shaun callaway
    megatune here

the emspro has a built in usb port (awesome for those guys with new computers)
    Also I remember Scott telling me it had wireless abilities ;D not to mention still retaining the rs-232 port for older computers.

really

i dont remeber that and i worked with it, with scott. unless him and mike b came up with somethin.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG
      megatune here

the emspro has a built in usb port (awesome for those guys with new computers)
      Also I remember Scott telling me it had wireless abilities ;D not to mention still retaining the rs-232 port for older computers.

really

i dont remeber that and i worked with it, with scott. unless him and mike b came up with somethin.

We used a wireless serial adapter and a directional antenna ($200) attached to Huber's car. We were able to datalog and tune remotely, from over a mile away!

The eMS-pro PCB does indeed have provisions for a bluetooth, short-range wireless but the chip isn't installed. That's what the blank space on the board would have been for. It would be an easy mod, even on the surface mount board, to have bluetooth wireless tuning capabilities. The parts required to do this are about $60.

-scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

oh ok

its extra

Comment

Could you use zigbee on it instead of bluetooth?
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
            Could you use zigbee on it instead of bluetooth?
            use whatever you want if you can make it do 9600 bps serial 2-way.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
            X