No announcement yet.

Paint and Body tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't over look the drain on your compressor - add an auto drain that runs every time the compressor runs, that will help get the water out at the source. Look around for refridgerated air dryers if you think you're going to paint more than once - saw one the other day for $200
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

more questions
      Living in florida, there is little chance that I can get everything primed before stuff starts to surface rust. I was considering using a phosphoric acid wash to buy me some time. So a couple of questions:

1. Is it a good idea to use a phosphoric acid wash after sandblasting if I can't primer it right away?
      2. Can I paint over the phosphoric acid wash or do I have to remove it before priming?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        more questions
        Living in florida, there is little chance that I can get everything primed before stuff starts to surface rust. I was considering using a phosphoric acid wash to buy me some time. So a couple of questions:

1. Is it a good idea to use a phosphoric acid wash after sandblasting if I can't primer it right away?
        2. Can I paint over the phosphoric acid wash or do I have to remove it before priming?
        1. yes
        2. leave it.

there will be a dusting of phosphoric acid when it dries - you still need to wipe down the car before you epoxy primer it....if there is any loose phosphoric dust, it will come off then...
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 6, 2020, 10:08 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
        X