No announcement yet.

gas powered air brush air compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh. Zero of my chainsaws or weedeaters have a governor... trigger is wired straight to the throttle shaft. Ah well, it's been a while since I bought anything new (except an MS660 clone that also has no governor but a 36" bar will slow it down quite a bit). The CDI may have a rev limiter I'm told, but don't care enough to melt one down trying to find it. lol. Leaning out a two stroke (yeah, I know, apple not equal oranges) to control RPM is what I would call BAD. No worries, carry on!
    Last edited by Beagle; August 9, 2020, 09:26 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have used those pilot unloaders on huge compressors, but it moves air pressure to unload the valve from closing so it just pumps to atmosphere. You would be talking about getting an air cylinder to move the throttle back when the pressure raises. Pressure lowers, the actuator closes to (might need a check valve to atmosphere to allow the air to leave the actuator). The longer you can make the motor run at lower rpm's the longer you should be able to keep it running.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy
        one part came in... the other will be here wednesday...

as far as installing it, I think I'll just weld a new nipple to the tank. the other stuff is threaded with a chinesium pitch - just welding a new nipple (or bung) seems easiest.

and then it is time to start making the motor mount
        not that I am doubting your welding skills, but please pressure test it after... I know, I sound like a safety nancy, but.. pressure vessel. At least a hydro test.

Comment

Rebel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compressor-tank-exploded-on-craftsman-devilbiss.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1277685

Comment

Those tanks are checked to 450+ psi... How much pressure to blow thatta one?

Comment

Gee whiz.. I got 4-6 tanks around here. One is an old water heater that was used to make volume to paint cars.. He would fill the tank and let the pump cool before spraying. Guess I better chuck that one?

Comment

They were very concerned because there was no warning... which, had they drained the tank and saw the rusty water.
                Consumer's advocate - label the potential explosive, pops. "Them" is everywhere. When you leave, it's your time. Don't make it their time too.

At least put "drain the tank" in your soon to be stolen instructions? Stick a pressure washer in it and see.. bet money you already did.
                -carry on

Comment

Alexiri.. tell me when the tank is going to explode..

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

I'm off the safety-nancy bandstand, just thinking out loud it would suck to get hurt by a failed weld.

Comment

most tanks are fine because the compressor loses oil into the tank - thus coating the inside with oil and ending rust....
                    most are, this looks like an oil less variety that dentists like to use

Comment

I'm at the dentist, being dead would be better then wondering if I'm going to die.
                      Dentist is feeding you from the wrong tank. Tell them it's the turquoise one marked N2O, not the one marked "Grenade" and that, yes, you have a ride home. They are forgetful these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Gee whiz.. I got 4-6 tanks around here. One is an old water heater that was used to make volume to paint cars.. He would fill the tank and let the pump cool before spraying. Guess I better chuck that one?
                        Water heaters are valved to keep this from happening... used to happen a lot and people did in fact die. There's no getting around why the safety valve is there now. Steam engine locomotives used to die spectacular deaths. This stuff is not really a joke. Steam is what, 1700:1 ? Even 150 psi is not a joke. Sorry, sensitive subject for whatever reason, but personally, I put something between me and the compressor. I'm no angel, there's rust water coming out of my tanks too... it's just not in the same room with me when it runs. Leaky hose connectors make sure they don't store pressure (okay, that was a joke.)

Last edited by Beagle; August 13, 2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

again, though, they are so successful that they have a Hyundai and a minivan.... again, I think that was suicide not accident.
                          Not just any van... Caravan!

I know this has to be repeated over and over in a courtroom, but some folks just aren't that clever. Stupid doesn't equal suicide, and McDonald's coffee proved a lot about common sense.

Comment

Glad you got thru the first test. Will be interesting to see how long that motor will run without overheating and how long a tank of gas will last for them. This is probably another stupid question, but is gas gas in all these places they travel? All still unleaded, 87?

Comment

got room on the scale for an extra fuel tank

Comment

other than thermal shock like any other engine?

Should have ball bearing crank, needle bearings maybe on the crank pin and piston pin. They design around home owners - probably fine. Replace it when it won't spin the compressor sort of deal.

Geographical question, how cold is it going to get?

Really, it gets down to how fast it will take full throttle without being choked. It doesn't take very long before it's warm.
                                Last edited by Beagle; August 21, 2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X