24 Year Old Trailer needs a repaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Year Old Trailer needs a repaint

So 24 years ago I built a trailer for my first mini. Its held up fine mechanically, but the paint is in need of a redo. Dan Stokes was the painter and used some left over paint he had. I don't know what it was but it held up pretty darn good. A few areas have gotten surface rust which I will remove with an Eastwood surface conditioning tool ( it works really good, by the way...). What I would like to know from others experience is what rust treatment does everyone use. Eastwood, Rustoleum, POR 15, or???

Of course I'll never get Dan up here to NY to respray it for me, so I'm going to have to come up with another option. I'm open to suggestions there too. Maybe try to roll or brush on the new finish??? Any thoughts?

I have been pretty impressed with the eastwood platinum stuff on what little was left of original sheet metal. Really dries hard, feels like a shell. Its all based on how clean you can get it and how forgiving it is to needing clean metal. I would use Rustoleum as a last resort, its just a modified enamel.

Comment

Working...
    X