Bearings and seals for Speedway Disc Brake Conversion for old Ford spidles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearings and seals for Speedway Disc Brake Conversion for old Ford spidles

Just got 2 new front discs/hubs for the whatever project. I'm using 40 Ford style spindles (forged repops, no old parts destroyed) with the Speedway kit with forged brackets for metric Gm calipers.The rotors are for a 73-77 Gm midsize car, but with a 5x5 bolt pattern, to match the rear axle (Winters HD qc with GN hubs).

So if anyone else needs the part numbers for the replacement inner cup and coneand seal used in these conversions, I have NAPA part numbers.

Inner cup: SKF L68110
    Inner cone: SKF L68149
    Seal: SKF CR seals 18546

I have put these together with no problems...

Of course the hubs have 5/8 coarse thread studs. I'll be changing these to 1/2-20 before it hits the road so I can use more than just stockcar wheels.

That's spindles in the title... Old guy kan't type... see

Comment

If you want to fix it, you can edit the thread's title by editing the first post.. not a big deal, just informational.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
        That's spindles in the title... Old guy kan't type... see
        I can relate to the "can't type" thing. Beagle's right - if you go to the original entry it will let you edit the title line. Took me several years to learn that and somebody finally taught me the secret handshake.

Dan

Comment

Naa, not me. I can live with typos. Besides, only using 2 fingers, who cares? I know Who doesn't work here, right Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
            Naa, not me. I can live with typos. Besides, only using 2 fingers, who cares? I know Who doesn't work here, right Dan?

For all not in the know we used to work with a guy with a Polish last name which we shortened to "Who". He left and went to an automaker hence "Who doesn't work here". Dave - see how I kept that all generic?

BTW - Dave, whenever you see an entry or thread from MP&C read it! He's an amazing craftsman and comes up with amazing bits of tool making and such. He is primarily a sheet metal guy but the solutions are borderline magical.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; September 7, 2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X