Big block chevy crank seal journal diameters needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big block chevy crank seal journal diameters needed

Hi, does anyone have the front and rear seal journal diameters for the newer BBC cranks that use the one piece rear seal? thanks,
    Joel

4.330 for the rear seal, 2.330 front, this is from the "info" button on the parts listed for a late 1990s 7.4 engine on rockauto

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks Squirrel!

Comment

And just why is "Hemi Joel" messing with a BBC? Sounds like a decent into Hell to me. More importantly, how you doin'?

Dan

Comment

probably trying to figure out what parts he can use in a different engine
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            probably trying to figure out what parts he can use in a different engine
            Dan, I'm building a Lincoln 337 flat head. If I have a billet crank made for it, I'll use Chevy snout, flange, seal, and rod journals so the parts are cheap and plentiful, and a 1 piece seal because all of my 2 piece seal installations are indistinguishable from the Exon Valdez. I'm working on a blueprint for a crank so I can get some quotes on it. This should be a fun project. The motor might get salty...
            Last edited by Hemi Joel; November 25, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post

Dan, I'm building a Lincoln 337 flat head. If I have a billet crank made for it, I'll use Chevy snout, flange, seal, and rod journals so the parts are cheap and plentiful, and a 1 piece seal because all of my 2 piece seal installations are indistinguishable from the Exon Valdez. I'm working on a blueprint for a crank so I can get some quotes on it. This should be a fun project. The motor might get salty...
              Sounds like a fun project! You always do interesting stuff. I hope when the Covid stuff dies down we can swing by your place on the way to or from the Arkansas track.

Dan

Comment

This sounds like a really cool project, Ford used the same engine in F8 trucks. I'm sure you already know this, but back in the day they were notorious for head gasket failures. I'm sure it had to do with the less than stellar performance of the cooling system.

Comment

Working...
                X