Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Ford 5.8 Injectors Replacement Hints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endeavor to Persevere!

Nice work. I didn't really think about the doghouse, that's gotta be a real bear.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I will finish this later, my WiFi is acting up......
      I see it double sent a post too

Comment

Rock On! You're getting it! Don't think our Maria would be interested in lending a hand.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan and Beagle,
          It is not really hard but time consuming with everything you have to remove or move out of the way.
          The Challenge is it's a Van. So you are doing a lot of Blind one handed wrenching as they put the
          Body on Last at the factory........so you have to pull things out; "Upside Down And Backwards"
          and then remember how you did it to get it back in !!

Party Hats and Drinks for Everyone !!!! Another Story for the making of the Marrakesh Express........

Comment

Saturday, during my mid morning Coffee, looked over the injectors that we pulled out.
            Number 4 cylinder injector cap was cracked and loose. All were dirty with soot.
            These must have been the original injectors as all matched, and had the Old Style single "Pin Protruding" tips.
            The Ford Upgrades have 4 very tiny holes in the tip.

And That is All.........

Comment

Just an update,
              Starts almost the minute you turn the key,
              NO FUEL LEAKS.....my biggest fear !
              And that pesky weak cylinder sound is gone.
              Haven't driven it far as I have been busy with finishing the interior,
              and other mods which is for my other post.

AGAIN Thank You all that Helped Me with this project !

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

I'm about to have to do the same thing. I just completed cleaning 7 out of 8 injectors with a piece of 1/8 tygon and heat shrink for the "adapter" to a can of carb cleaner. Used a momentary switch to make sure they turned on and off and sprayed okay. Good thing about checking beforehand, which this thread kind of made me do, is I have one bad injector in the lot. It won't turn on / off ... I think it may be stuck with 20 year old bad gas pintle glue, which is infecting probably 3 of the injectors on the truck they are going into. I guess I never really gave it much though before, this fuel injection stuff was supposed to solve all these problems... I suppose the correct way to long term store one is to put stabilized non-alcohol gas in them?

Comment

Beagle,
                    So what engine in what vehicle is this project?

Comment

It's a 1995 Lightning I've threatened repeatedly to put a BBF in. The city I live in has a habit of dictating my agenda. They are in process of doing so right now because the truck isn't tagged or inspected. Making the truck street legal with the 351w seems, for the moment, far smarter than pulling a running (if pretty tired) mill out of it... years of sitting have made it run like donkey excrement, but it's pretty easy to recover compared to a van. I have much sympathy for dealing with the doghouse!

Comment

Doing it as a 63 year old with a "Beer Goiter"
                        makes for some possible entertainment, and 911 calls......"Help, I'm Old and Can't Get Out"
                        LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X