Do not know if this is tech or not, mechanical fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not know if this is tech or not, mechanical fuel injection

Have been looking for a vintage fuel injection system for my 36. New auction shows up on ebay, reasonable, but no butterflies or shafts. When I search for Hilborns number, it shows up at Holley. Seems they are doing a EFI with Hilborn now, maybe competing with that Australian setup.

Anyway, anyone heard of Holley sucking up Hilborn too now? Probably means an end to getting vintage butterflies or shafts now.

It's a Holley brand now
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, Holley bought Hilborn, and dropped mechanical injection, switching everything over to EFI. Nick Smithberg, Smithberg racing in Fort Calhoun Nebraska (His handle on Bangshift is Bossman) bought up the Hilborn surplus. He can probably help you.
      Last edited by Hemi Joel; January 24, 2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

The "hot" mechanical fuel injection system for SBC in the Vette was killed in '65 with the release of the 396ci big block. 50 more horsepower for $500 less.

A "no-brainer".

Comment

I guess when I resurrect my 60s era Hilborns, I'll be dealing with Kinsler

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
            I guess when I resurrect my 60s era Hilborns, I'll be dealing with Kinsler
            guess so, difference is manifolds that are bare or need work are going for 650, Ready to run over 2 grand, so maybe you can put a kid thru college with your stash.

Comment

Working...
            X