X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Glue.....

Just to vent on this.....
    Using my phone/internet this morning,
    screens are hopping all over the place, closing out messages before I am done !!!!
    FOUND THE PROBLEM !!!
    Yesterday I was working with Super Glue.
    Now Super Glue is like "Anti-Seaze", you can not STOP from getting some on your fingers !!
    So on my right index finger in a spot of hardened Super Glue, just the right size of my finger print.
    YOUR PHONE TOUCH PAD DOES NOT LIKE IT!
    I had to get a stylus pen to use the internet.

And Now Back to Your Regular Scheduled Programming...

Acetone?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Acetone?
      or nail polish remover (which has acetone in it)... for those who wonder why men keep their wives around... this is it.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

or nail polish remover (which has acetone in it)... for those who wonder why men keep their wives around... this is it.
        Only if you go shopping with her, which is why I keep acetone in the garage. I have a rare model that, despite her obvious need of counseling for hanging around me, chooses to hang around because we like each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	acetone.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1288165
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Wait until you've glued your fingers to a benchtop, or a tool, or a client's guitar. Heck, I even glued my foot to the floor a couple weeks ago.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            Wait until you've glued your fingers to a benchtop, or a tool, or a client's guitar. Heck, I even glued my foot to the floor a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I hear you are not supposed to use the super glue for hair spray either

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                I hear you are not supposed to use the super glue for hair spray either
                *gorilla glue* ....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

*gorilla glue* ....
                  Here's your sig.... billboard!
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Yeah , that's gorilla glue for hair gel is bad . Super glue , perfectly ok .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Back in the 80's I wrote a scholarly treatise for an international publication on the creation and use of CA glues (super glue), with specific focus on repairing stringed musical instruments. The first use of super glue was during the Korean War. First aid stations would glue an injured soldier back together before sending them on to a MASH unit. Super glues cure best in the absence of oxygen, in the presence of protein and low amounts of moisture.... Which is why it bonds to skin so very well. Our skin is made of protein, and has a little bit of moisture - and very little oxygen. It's like we are the perfect substrate to be glued together with CA.

Lots of people who work with their hands (like me) find in wintertime, that CA is a godsend for gluing cuts and other splits in dry skin back together. I do it all the time. It's hard and protective, waterproof, and comes off in about a week after the skin heals. Many guitarists super glue their fingernails back together (or glue on plastic nails). The gals at the nail salons? They use CA to attach your ladies fancy-ass nails.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        Yeah , that's gorilla glue for hair gel is bad . Super glue , perfectly ok .
                        I wonder if you can get a Snell certification on it....

Comment

Working...
                        X