Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

yup
    Nice shop, nice site! lots of space for outdoor storage...

I have a 3500 lb axle on order, new wheels and tires, fenders (the new wheels are 15s, the old were 13), and new springs to boot. When all done it will be a new trailer, as I am also widening it to hold the Whatever, as well as my Mini when it gets finished.

Comment

I have a Tekonsha P2 that I got from 4wheelonline. Not sure if it is the best, but it is very reliable, user-friendly, and not pricey.

Comment

Next door folks just got back from an Arizona rockhounding trip.. chatting over the fence he mentioned he bent the axles on his pull behind travel trailer. 3500 lb axles are going to be replaced with 4500 lb ones..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Next door folks just got back from an Arizona rockhounding trip.. chatting over the fence he mentioned he bent the axles on his pull behind travel trailer. 3500 lb axles are going to be replaced with 4500 lb ones..
          Did he say how? You said axles plural. I can't imagine what he must have been hailing.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Did he say how? You said axles plural. I can't imagine what he must have been hailing.
            I'd bet... ROCKS. Like Lucy Ricardo.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

awesome, then he'll break his hitch

what's really ironic is that 3500 and 4500 lb axles are exactly the same except the drums are 8 lug.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So now I have to get back to the garage and back to work on the trailer. I finally borrowed my neighbor's trailer and picked up the new axle, wheels, tires, and fenders for the rebuild of my trailer. Next is some more 2x3 1/8 wall tube to widen it, then finish cleaning and repainting. And finally reassembly!

At the rate I have been working, should be ready to reregister for next spring...

Comment

Working...
                X