Trailer brake wiring 2016 Chevy Equinox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
    Oh and front wheel drive. That way the drivers seat can be centered. More roomy that way
    You need to take a look at my racing buddy Steve Menendes' LSR Rampage. FWD with several different Diesel engines and a SAAB transaxle. So it could be done.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Actually, Russell does most of those with his 'Stang. And though his shop could be bigger it's a really nice work space - if you come visit we can run up to Russell's and say HI. Sadly, he's an engineer too, but civil (take that any way you like).

Dan
      The current mustang is just a street strip car. I have really missed mile racing. I sold all the cars that I took LSR. I would like to take the Cadillac to a track day I think I would be fun. Fingers crossed I can get the Lighting back together and running soon. And get the turbo on the mustang after that. If that don't happen faster I will be taking the lightning or the Cadillac to dragweek.​​​
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

The current mustang is just a street strip car. I have really missed mile racing. I sold all the cars that I took LSR. I would like to take the Cadillac to a track day I think I would be fun. Fingers crossed I can get the Lighting back together and running soon. And get the turbo on the mustang after that. If that don't happen faster I will be taking the lightning or the Cadillac to dragweek.​​​
        //derail=on

I got way claustrophobic in the passenger seat of my '95 Lightning. Short box Fords don't offer a lot of legroom and I'm only 5'10. I think that truck has a speed limiter at 110 because of driveshaft speed with 4.10's. They are awfully floaty at that speed and slowing it down is about as scary as holding it there - LOL!! I love those trucks, but my 2000 Lightning was light years better, everywhere except the never explainable "I just like the silly thing."

My way of saying get the turbo on the Mustang.

//derail=off

Meanwhile, back at the thread... this might be helpful, or not. At least it doesn't cost anything to look.

Last edited by Beagle; July 2, 2021, 06:58 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

//derail=on

I got way claustrophobic in the passenger seat of my '95 Lightning. Short box Fords don't offer a lot of legroom and I'm only 5'10. I think that truck has a speed limiter at 110 because of driveshaft speed with 4.10's. They are awfully floaty at that speed and slowing it down is about as scary as holding it there - LOL!! I love those trucks, but my 2000 Lightning was light years better, everywhere except the never explainable "I just like the silly thing."

My way of saying get the turbo on the Mustang.

//derail=off

Meanwhile, back at the thread... this might be helpful, or not. At least it doesn't cost anything to look.

Derail / highjack,

Wife and kids are going to the beach for the week so i will get some extra shop time next week. I have been "working" on replacement of the intake gaskets for over a month on the lighting. Fingers crossed I can get it back together Sunday. I remember as a teenage driver thinking 75 in a 1980 F150 was flying. I can't imagine a buck-ten. Then it's hot side, downpipe, cold side, oil lines, noise?
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Good information in the video. Thanks for posting it. I'm going to have to call them on their tech support line for my 2016 Equinox when the time comes to get a controller. I'm not sure what Chevy called the towing package on it is the same as the newer one shown in the video. Mine has a flat 4 pin harness and has the factory tw hitch, but I haven't found any other indications of wiring to support the brakes.

Funny thing is that its rated for 3500 pounds towing. Well that's chevrolet or rather GM for you. The last one, sa 1997 Blazer, wasrated for 6000 pounds with a load equalizing hitch, but its wiring harness didn't exist. The factory manual showed either a 4 wire rear harness or a 7 wire harness. It had a 6 wire harness.

The dealer and I spent a lot of time scratching our heads over that one. There was 2 white wires 1 was ground and the other turned out to be a brake light wire. There was no power supply and one totally unidentifiable wire that didn't do anything. No idea where it went either.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Comment

Working...
            X