• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Power steering pump question

Click image for larger version

Name:	69188432-FE59-4377-AA6B-AE9BE8E2FDB6.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	710.6 KB
ID:	1301489 2007 Chevrolet Express Van power steering pump. This pump uses a remote reservoir that feeds the large port on top of the pump, a high pressure port that feeds the steering box. There is a line coming from the back of the pump pump. It looks like the return port to me but the return line from the steering box goes to the reservoir to complete the loop . So what do I do with the other line coming from the back ?. Help please

Or does the return line from the box go to the port coming from the back side and does the remote reservoir just hold the fluid. If so what about the small port on the reservoir? . The reservoir has two ports on the bottom, one large and one small.

Comment

is this an engine that was pulled from a van and you're using it in something else? If so, perhaps it's for a return line from a hydroboost power brake unit, and you can just plug the tube?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        is this an engine that was pulled from a van and you're using it in something else? If so, perhaps it's for a return line from a hydroboost power brake unit, and you can just plug the tube?
        The van did have hydroboost , thanks

Comment

Working...
        X