No announcement yet.

Have you guys ever seen this product...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you guys ever seen this product...

I'd like to hear more about these as well.... I've always been curious about them, but never pulled the trigger.

Sure would be a huge time saver and convenience... as long as they don't introduce a host of other issues to the carb.

This still uses a conventional power valve and idle mixture needles - yes?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
      Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
      holley bowls are easy to make , so they don't drop fuel all over the intake..
      take a house water valve (like the ones you hook your garden hose to)
      they have ones that have a blead, and it has an o ringed cap..
      you take the bowl off. and find a spot to drill and add same sized bolt .. as the thread in the cap..
      you drill a hole in the bolt(unless you can find ones already drilled)
      thread it into the bowl with an o ring under the head..and some locktight..
      add oringed cap..
      need to drain bowls unscrew the cap from the blead you added.. on to a small rubbermaid container..
      .. tada..
      fixes the problem .. and only cost you . your time and what ever the bolts cost, and caps... unless you don't own drills and taps
      it's super simple.. and why holley or b/g demon carbs hasn't done this
      I'll never know

Well that really doesnt matter man, this is for changing jets...on the fly...
      well, maybe.. if you want to spend money..

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
        I'd like to hear more about these as well.... I've always been curious about them, but never pulled the trigger.

Sure would be a huge time saver and convenience... as long as they don't introduce a host of other issues to the carb.

Yep, they only change out the main jet circuit. At least the Holley-built one I had did.

Comment

at less than 80 bones, it think the time savings and the ability to adjust jet size at will is worth it....i am not very good at tuning a carb ( i know, I know...hard to belive)...so I dont know if it is a good investment for me but...
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

the power valve is your part throttle enrichment circuit ......
            it is a shot of ten extra jet sizes

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

at less than 80 bones, it think the time savings and the ability to adjust jet size at will is worth it....i am not very good at tuning a carb ( i know, I know...hard to belive)...so I dont know if it is a good investment for me but...
              only 80 bones..
              is that 2 plates? or just one..
              if one , thats 160 bones

Comment

and only if you square jet
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

any updates ?

Comment

from me...no...I got my money tied up in body panels...would like to try it someday...priorities
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                    X