Idler pulley bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idler pulley bracket

Any idea what years / make / model this style idler pulley bracket came off of?

x
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	1306549

x

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	1306550

x

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	1306551

looks like it might be from aftermarket AC. The ones like it that I've seen are from the 1960s, and made of cast iron. but it would not surprise me if they switched to aluminum (or pot metal?) later on.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      looks like it might be from aftermarket AC. The ones like it that I've seen are from the 1960s, and made of cast iron. but it would not surprise me if they switched to aluminum (or pot metal?) later on.
      Thanks Jim - I suspect they are from the 70s or 80s and were OEM. They were in a bin at the local wrecking yard and seem to have come in a variety of lengths. I think they were used with the wider multi rib style belts. I probably should have snagged more of them at the time.

Comment

I don't recall seeing that style on OEM stuff, they usually make specific idlers that are well designed. This style just screams "universal".

also, if it were OEM, it would have an OEM part number that you could look up and find a replacement or application.
        Last edited by squirrel; September 22, 2021, 06:14 AM.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

I just did some more googling. I found a part number series for them, the higher the number, the taller they are Four Seasons 49511-49515. So now you know what to order. Rockauto has them. And they list some OEM applications for some of them. But they look like vehicles that would have generic AC added to them...not serpentine belt stuff.
          Last edited by squirrel; September 22, 2021, 06:21 AM.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

I just did some more googling. I found a part number series for them, the higher the number, the taller they are Four Seasons 49511-49515. So now you know what to order. Rockauto has them. And they list some OEM applications for some of them. But they look like vehicles that would have generic AC added to them...not serpentine belt stuff.
            Good work Jim !

Comment

THANK YOU Jim!!!

Using Jim's lead I was able to get some from a different source. I got two of them so I would have a backup for this application.

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	589.8 KB
ID:	1306762
              Last edited by cstmwgn; September 27, 2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X