Someone help me with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help me with this

This guy is wanting to trade me a 440 turbo charged motor and trans for my Super Coupe. I do not know alot about turbos and I have never seen a set up like this. He did say it was a industrial engine and a aftermarket turbo. What can you guys tell me? Here are a couple crappy pictures

Re: Someone help me with this

I can tell you that it looks like you should be running away from that hot mess.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I am thinking the same, but the turbo kinda interest me if there was another way plumbing it for the road runner.

Comment

I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes turbos but that looks like a stone age piston smelter to me.

Comment

i aint the brightest guy on the block...but that thing looks to be as efficient as some of the mid 80"S Chevy Diesel engines...it looks old, antiquated, and heavy...I say run a way, you could sell the dupercoupe and use the money to buy turbo parts....a STS system would be a billion times more efficient that that thing....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I can't recall ever having heard of 'industrial' 440's. My guess is it's probably a 413, but I could be wrong. Did you confirm it is at least an 'RB'-motor by the cast 'pad' just right and behind of the top waterhose on the front?
            If you think your Aspen is only worth $4-500 you could go for it perhaps, but I think the car might be worth more to you.
            The engine looks more like a bone stock smogmotor to me with a turbo McGyvered onto it to compensate for the low smog-compression.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
              I can't recall ever having heard of 'industrial' 440's. My guess is it's probably a 413, but I could be wrong. Did you confirm it is at least an 'RB'-motor by the cast 'pad' just right and behind of the top waterhose on the front?
              If you think your Aspen is only worth $4-500 you could go for it perhaps, but I think the car might be worth more to you.
              The engine looks more like a bone stock smogmotor to me with a turbo McGyvered onto it to compensate for the low smog-compression.

The pictures is all I have seen so far.

Comment

You totally have to go look at it....we need more and better photos of that monster.

Brian

Comment

used boosted engines are not the best deal

Comment

heh....what Jim said.....

I wonder what motorhome that came out of? looks just like the engine in my 75 Travco (but mine does not have the turbo of course)

Rode hard...put away wet....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Could that be one of the 1000cfm thermo-quads on top of it?

Those are worth some scratch I do believe.

Brian

Comment

if you have the time to spend going to look at it .... perhaps worth a look....

just based on those photo's and assuming you don't know anything about the guy that put it together....

I'd sway RUN don't walk away from that.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
                          I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes turbos but that looks like a stone age piston smelter to me.
                          ;D ;D.Good one ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Brian
                            Yup, certainly is. Didn't know folks were willing to pay for those anymore.
                            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

You totally have to go look at it....we need more and better photos of that monster.

Brian
                              We are sopuse to meet up at the Mopar Nationals this week end. I will get some pictures then.

Brian
                              Thats what I was thinking

Comment

Working...
                              X