Bucket Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket Seats

Looking for suggestions for comfortable (long distance driving) bucket seats with good bolsters (spirited driving). They do not need holes for 5 point belts but it would be OK if they had them. Considering both OEM (junk yard) or aftermarket.

Are these for the truck project?
    https://shop4seats.com/truck-seats/4...SABEgIeyPD_BwE
    Last edited by silver_bullet; November 18, 2021, 06:23 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Thanks Patrick - yes it is for the truck. Trying to make sure I have everything figured out in the cab before I take the cab back off toI start doing the body work.
      Do you have any experience with this brand?

Comment

those are some nice looking seats. I almost bought some seats for my chevelle project two years ago. I went back to jegs and summit to look for the brand to bring it up and I guess they are floating on a barge in the pacific somewhere and off the sites. Probably a good thing I passed.....

Jeep seats always seemed most comfortable to me, I guess I can think its because they expect the jeep to get tossed around and want to keep you in your place. Do not know if they would look right in your project.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Thanks Patrick - yes it is for the truck. Trying to make sure I have everything figured out in the cab before I take the cab back off toI start doing the body work.
          Do you have any experience with this brand?
          No experience, I was thinking about these if I do on older square Chevy.... I just liked the design... I didn't know if you wanted something as aggressive as a Corbeau
          suspension bucket: https://corbeau.com/baja-rs/

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I'll throw this out as they're cheap (got ours at Pick n Pull) and, at least for us, comfortable on a long trip: Try your fanny in HHR seats. We like them well enough that we put a set in Vanna the E150 as well as the set in ME's HHR. They're nothing special but they sure work for us.

Dan

Comment

Just be wary of putting seats made for a narrow passenger compartment into something w/ a wide cab, they wind up not looking right with a bunch of space around them...also high-back seats with thick headrests that have to be mounted forward to clear the back window of a single cab may not leave enough leg room.

In my limited experience, OEM seats usually beat aftermarkets for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                Just be wary of putting seats made for a narrow passenger compartment into something w/ a wide cab, they wind up not looking right with a bunch of space around them...also high-back seats with thick headrests that have to be mounted forward to clear the back window of a single cab may not leave enough leg room.
                Thanks Loren - all good points

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                In my limited experience, OEM seats usually beat aftermarkets for comfort.
                This is my biggest concern - aftermarket seats can be pricey and if they aren't comfortable it would be discouraging. But they do seem to offer a lot of neat features.

OEM seats will most likely need to be reupholstered which can also be spendy.
                We are planning an excursion to our local pick&pull to look around for potential candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I'll throw this out as they're cheap (got ours at Pick n Pull) and, at least for us, comfortable on a long trip: Try your fanny in HHR seats. We like them well enough that we put a set in Vanna the E150 as well as the set in ME's HHR. They're nothing special but they sure work for us.

Dan
                  Any particular year? (2006 - 2011)

Comment

Found some good ideas in a search Allen: https://www.google.com/search?q=f100...w=1263&bih=881
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Earl sports '99 Silverado buckets. Nice part is that the shoulder harness is integral to the seat.......no extra holes in the cab. and comfortable.
                      I don't have a good photo of ours, but here's some on eBay:
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/22468818422...IAAOSw67VhjWkz
                      Driver's is on the left......
                      and the arm rests weren't there in '99.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 19, 2021, 07:41 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Earl sports '99 Silverado buckets. Nice part is that the shoulder harness is integral to the seat.......no extra holes in the cab. and comfortable.
                        I don't have a good photo of ours, but here's some on eBay:
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/22468818422...IAAOSw67VhjWkz
                        Driver's is on the left......
                        and the arm rests weren't there in '99.
                        That is pretty cool that the seat belt hardware is completely self contained in the seats. I assume all that stuff is attached to the seat frame for strength / safety. I will add them to our list on our junkyard excursion.

If I go with those seats will I develop key issues?
                        (Haven't decided yet if I am going to shave the doors)

Comment

these have become popular as well, depending on floorpan layout...the caveat is that you have to develop/install adjustment tracks or slides: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25497268211...MAAOSwCr5gl8Nj
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I was given a pair of buckets (worn crapless now..) that I replaced the bench with in the 77 chev flatbed.. have the lap belt on them.
                            there is not much room to the back of the cab between the seat and wall.
                            I have a Blazer/Suburban console box/cup holder between the seats that had never been bolted down.
                            fits my big gut.
                            not sure what next seats I’ll try.
                            I did weld the inner tracks to the floor

Comment

Working...
                            X