Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted flat glass

Any flat glass experts here?

I have what I thought was 28% VLT laminated glass.
    I thought that there were two basic ratings 44% and 28%.
    I recently broke the passenger side door glass and have been trying to replace it.
    It seems that what is being called 30% VLT in tempered glass is very close in color to the 44% laminated glass that I have sitting on the shelf.

Is there a way to test the glass to accurately confirm it's VLT?

safety check places or a cop friend with access to a light meter?
    other than that im stumped. hope you figure it out....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
      safety check places or a cop friend with access to a light meter?
      other than that im stumped. hope you figure it out....
      I live in Florida - the only safety checks we have are on automatic weapons

Comment

maybe one of these? theyre all around $100 though.....

https://www.amazon.com/Transmission-...K%2CB000GSLKIW

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Trans...K%2CB000GSLKIW

https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Labs-TM...K%2CB000GSLKIW
        Last edited by fatguyzinc; November 28, 2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks - I am going to call a couple glass companies today to see if they can test and what they charge. Depending on that outcome, I may have to buy a meter for one time use.

Comment

Well, I feel somewhat better. I took some samples to a glass shop near me and had them tested. The new glass that was sold to me as 30%VLT measured 50%! The glass I had that I wanted to replace measured at 30%. So now I am supposed to get a full refund as opposed to the 20% restocking fee they were going to charge me.

OH, and I have been banned from doing business with them in the future. That is a huge loss that I can no longer do business with a company that misrepresents their products and then has to be threatened to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              Well, I feel somewhat better. I took some samples to a glass shop near me and had them tested. The new glass that was sold to me as 30%VLT measured 50%! The glass I had that I wanted to replace measured at 30%. So now I am supposed to get a full refund as opposed to the 20% restocking fee they were going to charge me.

OH, and I have been banned from doing business with them in the future. That is a huge loss that I can no longer do business with a company that misrepresents their products and then has to be threatened to do the right thing.
              No great loss..
              kid had a Rabbit that had tinted glass in back.
              I got pulled over. Told the cop to call a supervisor Here in Oregon, “supposedly “ driver side and passenger side is not allowed to be tinted but see alot that are.

Comment

Working...
              X