Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions requested on Power Stop Brake kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions requested on Power Stop Brake kits?

Need to replace rotors/pads on the GMC Sierra.... spotted Power Stop on Summit....Any opinions?

Free Shipping - Power Stop Z36 Truck and Tow Brake Upgrade Kits with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Brake Rotor and Pad Combos at Summit Racing.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Have no clue on quality - only price

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Comment

they make a good product. I like EBC for the stuff that really matters, but budget-wise I'll use Powerstop and Hawk Performance. That said, I used whatever Oreilly sells for the CTS - I like them for the street but they faded pretty badly at the track
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 26, 2022, 08:03 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

never had a problem, just keep the brake or break in instructions and remember to do them. Think it has to do with the zinc plated rotors and their pad compound, its something like mild stop, mild stop faster, harder stop too fast for side streets.

Eventually I will just see if I can get everything from one location on rock auto and get the centric drilled and slotted rotors instead of a kit. Both theirs and Brake motive on Ebay have e coated rotors, or some kind of black paint. Tend to hold up to Chicago winters better than the zinc, plus you know the rotor was actually machined after the finish other than the zinc over the finished rotor.

Either way, there is really not alot of sense to finding someone to cut rotors anymore when you can replace them for the same money and your time driving to find somewhere that do them right away. Probably done at least 10 sets of axles with power stop until the drilled and slotted got more available.
        Last edited by anotheridiot; February 26, 2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I bought Power Stop rotors and I know that I used Hawk pads on the 11 SS. No problems.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
          X