cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cams

Are we sure all cams are made here? These delivery dates make me think they are floating in the parking lot.

Does anyone have a source who actually answers a phone or an email regarding custom grind cams?

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
      Does anyone have a source who actually answers a phone or an email regarding custom grind cams?
      ​​​

Lunati has always answered me
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I spec'd mine out thru Comp Cams but times are changing so who knows. The guys I stay away from are the ones selling regrinds.

Comment

yeah, comp has not responded, when I call, the robot tells me you have one four callers ahead of you. I got a response from Brian Tooley Racing today, seems like a nice knowledgeable guy, showed him the LS cam I thought was interesting and he said we can do better than that for the gen 1.

Someones boss called me from Howards from competition products, said he was going to have the tech call me right back, did not happen.

Comment

isky, then lunati.
            i wont run any others in my motors
            and always recommend them for
            customers motors as well.

and always use zinc additive-at break in
            AND every oil change.

i wont use comp, them telling me i
            need to remove and reinstall inner valve
            spring for break in tells me all i need to
            know about their cam core quality.
            Last edited by fatguyzinc; March 25, 2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

The delays are beyond belief, had to choose something close on the shelf. Seems that the howard boost line is as close to the comp XFI cam specs. Still a bit too much duration, but looks like it has enough LSA to actually produce some vacuum.. The left nut got taken out with the roller lifters. Well, at least no more matching flat tapped stuff and replacing lifters next time again. Bought a howards for my big block years ago and it still sits in the cool plastic case waiting for us to figure out the Camaro. Broke the condenser in reassembly, so no fun yet, plus it was 35 degrees again. TKX is supposed to be here tomorrow, so took out the "world class" to have to machine a piece of steel to .680 to do the bread trick with the pilot pushing. I guess we know why it pops out of gear now.

I guess we need to figure a few months for the next cam swap.

Comment

Working...
              X