Shop setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
    Its all about figuring out storage so you are not looking for tools for an hour before you spend the 2 seconds to remove said bolt.
    true but now I put miles on walking from one section of the shop to the tools. I know, I know, first world problems but I think I have the 'solution' in the long term/short term moniker. tool central will be by the lift
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

today's start of task ... clean the 'back room' or 'long term' project space

you can see more floor - my goal in all of this is Buick and Fiat in the back, Buick wagon in the middle and lawn equipment at the door. The wagon is going to take 2 spaces because I'm taking the body off the frame.... the other goal is all parts for each project in one spot... and I'm getting there, but it is taking a world of time
      I'm either going to fill that field with cars or fruit trees.... or maybe both

love the shelving, need to get some kind of lift device to get stuff on that top shelf

perspective shot, looking from the door into the shop
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 7, 2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I really am available still for adoption . I can sweep the floor, wash machinery, mow the hay, even hand you the cold adults beverages. And I haven't wet the bed in over 65 years! Of course that could change, but...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
          I really am available still for adoption . I can sweep the floor, wash machinery, mow the hay, even hand you the cold adults beverages. And I haven't wet the bed in over 65 years! Of course that could change, but...

and ew

Comment

There is one problem with your plan. Don't store lawn equipment in the shop. It needs its own shed / barn. It can come in to be serviced but it should not be stored there. Repeat after me there is not enough room in the shop for the lawn mower
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

What he said!

Comment

I need a mini barn to put my lawn care stuff in .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  There is one problem with your plan. Don't store lawn equipment in the shop. It needs its own shed / barn. It can come in to be serviced but it should not be stored there. Repeat after me there is not enough room in the shop for the lawn mower
                  working on it. Do you think 60 feet by 120 feet should suffice? do you think it needs to be climate controlled?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

working on it. Do you think 60 feet by 120 feet should suffice? do you think it needs to be climate controlled?
                    So you'll use the existing building for lawn care equipment and a new facility for a wok shop? Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

So you'll use the existing building for lawn care equipment and a new facility for a wok shop? Makes sense to me!
                      don't be silly, I, already, get tired of walking in my current shop - the 'new' shop is for projects that I'll get to eventually... and big trucks

Comment

Still leaves the issue of the lawn equipment. I solved that by hiring the lawnwork done by outsides - they're mowing as we type.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Still leaves the issue of the lawn equipment. I solved that by hiring the lawnwork done by outsides - they're mowing as we type.
                          I did the same. Well really Maggie did the year I 1st blew out a couple of discs. Been letting them do most of the yard work ever since. And I still have lawn mowers in the shed!

I just can't get rid of them. One is a classic Troybilt 33 inch cut walk behind. Probably should sell it.

Comment

I did the same. Well really Maggie did the year I 1st blew out a couple of discs. Been letting them do most of the yard work ever since. And I still have lawn mowers in the shed!

I just can't get rid of them. One is a classic Troybilt 33 inch cut walk behind. Probably should sell it.
                            you know, you're not really making a good case for adoption. I've seen Cinderfella and know that one must act and demand certain things of adoptees.

Comment

I like my new mower, - and honestly, I think I could count, on one hand, the number of vehicles I bought which cost more.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X