• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID the year of this Lotus Cortina rear suspension

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload_2021-12-15_13-59-35.png
Views:	242
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	1324564 Here's a question for those familiar with British cars: what year(s) of the Lotus Cortina had this suspension setup?

Sorry - I goth nothin'. Never messed with those.

Comment

63-66? Mk i iirc
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        63-66? Mk i iirc
        Thanks, I'll search those years next. Mostly informational, but also kind of intrigued with it. I'm currently using a short panhard bar mounted low, and a hairpin on the passenger side and a single radius rod on the drivers side of the Whatever project for rear suspension. I kind of thought about this setup and have 2 plates that were waterjet cut out to fit around the qc sidebells. This setup has one feature that the current setup doesn't have: the roll center height is permanent and unmoving at the pivot 4of the a frame where it attaches to the rear axle.

I remember seeing Lotii Cortinas in both vintage races and SCCAclub racing that were very fast thru the twisties and could outhandle newer cars, and even some of the GT class cars of the 80's and 90s. Colin Chapman was a genius wrt suspension and was the one to say, "Simplificate, and make lighter!"

Yeah I know, not the best queen's English, but what do you expect from an engineer, even a British one?

Comment

Working...
        X